Last Updated: 20 Feb 2022
Whole Wheat Carrot date muffins are simple carrot muffins with the healthy dates and whole wheat. The dates give a lot of sweetness to the carrot muffins recipe. Therefore the recipe uses minimum refined sugar making it a healthier choice.
When you have a child who has a sweet tooth, like my Ladoo, you better learn healthy baking. This way you will avoid your child eating market baked goodies and save him from eating chemicals and preservatives.
Somehow Garv asks for some sweets after every mean. I ensure keeping some stock of healthier sweets at home to avoid him eating chocolates or candies.
When I was making these date carrot muffin recipe, I wasn’t really sure about the outcome. The results got awarded when my husband, who does not like to eat sweets, ate two of these muffins.
The icing on the cake was the compliment on the perfect balance of sweetness in these moist carrot muffin recipe. And the secret is that I extracted most of the sweetness naturally from dates and carrot.
Want to get growing?
Starting and growing a business can be hard, and sometimes you might feel stuck. Our weekly newsletter gets delivered to over 30,000 people each week to help them grow. We'd love to help you, too. Subscribe now, it's free.
We respect your privacy and promise to only send you the freshest baking news. No spam, ever. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Healthy Carrot and Date Muffins
Dates have amazing health benefits but Garv will always turn nose up at it. My love for dates is clearly visible in many recipes on my blog.
Learn Baking Healthy Desserts at Home
And that’s when my healthy carrot muffins recipe with dates comes to rescue. A child is happy eating muffins and a mother is happy seeing his child eating healthy.
MW Convection Temp
PS: Use conversion table to switch recipe between grams and cups.
First thing first, collect all the ingredients together.
To make date puree, soak 10-12 dates in lukewarm water for 30 minutes. Drain the water and grind the soaked dates into a smooth paste.
In a bowl, mix milk, date puree, and oil. Add grated carrots, cinnamon powder, and sugar. Mix well.
Put muffin liners in a muffin tray and fill up to ¾.
Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180 °C for 10 minutes. Bake these muffins in a preheated oven at 180 °C for 25 minutes.
Once done take out these muffins and let them cool.
Healthy Whole wheat date and carrot muffins are ready to serve.
- First thing first, collect all the ingredients together.
- To make date puree, soak 10-12 dates in lukewarm water for 30 minutes. Drain the water and grind the soaked dates to a smooth paste.
- In a bowl, mix milk, date puree and oil.
- Add grated carrots, cinnamon powder and sugar. Mix well.
- Sift wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt altogether.
- Gently fold all the dry ingredients into wet ingredients and make a smooth batter.
- Put muffin liners in a muffin tray and fill up to ¾.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven at 180 °C for 10 minutes.
- Bake these muffins in a preheated oven at 180 °C for 25 minutes.
- Once done take out these muffins and let them cool.
- Healthy Whole wheat carrot date muffins are ready to serve.