For those who have a strong nose to eggs, these eggless muffin is a special treat for them. My parents follow a strict vegetarian diet and so do I. My passion towards baking lead me to bake at home. But today the quest was to make eggless choco chip muffins.
Eggless Muffins without condensed milk
How to make muffins without eggs looked tricky. The trick was to get the desired texture and fluffiness in the eggless muffins recipe. I know I could have simply replaced eggs with condensed milk, however, that will make the eggless muffin recipe too sweet.
Ok, then how to make eggless muffins at home?
Like others, I turned towards the internet. And when I searched eggless choco chip muffins, I had more than 4 million results in front of me. It looks easy to turn towards the internet, find a recipe and try to imitate them.
However, that’s actually not true. Most of the recipes do not work unless it is customized to the given environment. Ingredients, weather, and measurements make a lot of difference. I read a lot but the key to success was experimenting.
I had to make condensed milk free chocolate muffins without eggs.
Eggs white in a recipe acts as a binder and the egg yolk gives the required fat to the recipe. So I needed a substitute binder and fat content to make eggless chocolate muffins.
My substitute was milk.
This eggless chocolate muffin recipe is my tried and tested full-proof and no-fail recipe. There is no compromise on the taste with this recipe of muffins without egg.
I have used the combination of vinegar and milk as an egg replacement. And to ensure that vinegar does not alter the taste, I have used unflavoured white vinegar.
|More Eggless Muffins Recipes:
Need to bake the egg free muffins in the microwave? Continue Reading.
Want to get growing?
Starting and growing a business can be hard, and sometimes you might feel stuck. Our weekly newsletter gets delivered to over 30,000 people each week to help them grow. We'd love to help you, too. Subscribe now, it's free.
We respect your privacy and promise to only send you the freshest baking news. No spam, ever. You can unsubscribe at any time.
MW Convection Temp
PS: Use conversion table to switch recipe between grams and cups.
How to make eggless chocolate muffins?
In a bowl, take Milk, Oil, Vanilla Essence and Sugar. Mix well until sugar dissolves.
Don’t skip this step to save time. Sifting not only removes the unwanted particles but also helps to aerate the dry ingredients. This result in spongy cakes and muffins.
Mix all the dry ingredients into wet ingredients and fold gently to make a smooth batter. The batter should be lumps free and of pouring consistency. In case you feel to add more milk do that as every flour has different absorption capacity.
Add one tablespoon of Vinegar to the batter and keep the batter aside for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180 °C for 10 minutes.
Take a muffin tray and arrange muffin liners in it.
Bake these muffins at 180 °C for 25 minutes or until they pass the toothpick test. Once done, take out baked muffins and let them cool.
Watch the making of Eggless Chocolate Chip Muffins
Eggless Cake Cupcakes and Muffins Course
Learn it Professionally , With an exclusive Eggless Cake Cupcakes and Muffins
- In a bowl, take Milk, Oil, Vanilla Essence and Sugar. Mix all well.
- Mix all the dry ingredients into wet ingredients and fold gently to make a smooth batter.
- Add one tablespoon of Vinegar to the batter and keep the batter aside for 5 minutes
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven at 180 °C for 10 minutes.
- Take a muffin tray and arrange muffin liners in it.
- Fill all the muffin moulds up to ¾. Sprinkle some Choco chips.
- Bake these muffins at 180 °C for 25 minutes or until they pass the toothpick test.
- Once done, take out baked muffins and let them cool.
- Preheating is very important. Always preheat the oven before baking anything.
- To make the batter of pouring consistency, add 2 tbs of milk at a time.
- Fill each muffin liner up to ¾ only as while baking batter will rise.
- Always use ingredients which are in best use date.
- Don’t open the door of the oven frequently as it alter the temperature inside the oven.
- You can bake these muffins on gas stove as well.
- To bake these muffins in Microwave convection, bake these at 160 °C for 20 minutes.