Seriously a banana fan, I am. I am back with a new easy banana cake recipe with you. This eggless banana cake is going to be one of the best banana cake recipes ever. Health bhi – Taste bhi and when you can get both, why compromise and settle for less.
The history of banana bread and banana cake is now close to a century and it appeared first in American Cookbooks in the 1930’s.
I don’t know how many recipes with banana I have on my blog. My love for banana seems to be never-ending. Some of my most popular banana recipes include:
|Oven Temp||160° C|
|Baking Time||30 min|
|MW Convection Temp||150° C|
|Baking Time||30 min|
|Demold Instructions||After 5 min|
|Cooling Time||15 min|
I have curated the list of recommended tools and ingredients for baking. I recommend only tried and tested products that have given satisfactory results in my kitchen.
If you bake this recipe, please share a picture with me on my Instagram using #bakewithsonia
How to make an eggless banana cake at home
One of the most common baking mistake people do is not keeping the oven for preheating. Avoid this mistake. Let us keep oven for preheating at 180 °C to get ultimate moist eggless banana cake recipe.
For eggless banana cake mix, in a large mixing bowl take two large overripe bananas. Using a fork or potato masher, mash them. You can also use a food processor or a blender to mash the bananas.
Add suggested amount of oil, vanilla extract, and brown sugar in the mashed bananas. Using a whisker/spatula mix it until sugar completely dissolves.
For this recipe, I have used Madagascar Vanilla Flavour which is oil based from Fab Flavours. Less than half teaspoon of this flavor took the recipe to another level. My kitchen was actually flooded with its aroma.
Banana Cake Mix
In a separate bowl, sieve wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together. Add flour mixture and cocoa powder to wet ingredients. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
Initially, the banana cake batter will be thick. Add milk to the batter and make it of pouring consistency. The batter should be smooth and lump free. In case you find any lumps, use an electric whisker to whisk the batter for 1-2 min.
Pour the batter into greased loaf pan (8x3x2 inches) and tap it on the counter twice or thrice. Tapping will help to release the air bubbles from the batter.
TIP: For greasing the tin, I always prefer to use unsalted butter as it works like a layer that protects my bakes from sticking to the tin. Hence demolding is always easy for me.
After tapping, garnish the banana cake eggless with your choice of nuts and dry fruits. To add the crunch to this soft and moist Banana cake, I added chopped almonds and melon seeds.
Now, bake it in a preheated oven at 160°C for 30 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test.
Every oven behaves differently. Depending on your oven and its temperature, the baking time can vary. Keep an eye on your cake while baking.
I have Morphy Richards 52L and I always bake using middle rack. In my oven, it took 30 minutes. For you, it can be different.
When it’s completely baked, take the cake out from the oven and demold it. Let it cool for 10 minutes though I know it’s hard to resist :-).
In fact, I love to taste cakes when they are still warm. Our moist banana cake recipe is ready to slice and serve.
Buy Tools and Ingredients used in this recipe[amazon_link asins=’B07DM1H1RS,B072R3HFL5,B00SGUK4V6,B017KJ388Y,B06ZZ97TY7′ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’sonlicious09-21′ marketplace=’IN’ link_id=’b7e55efb-bd86-11e8-a155-6130351eb284′]
- In a large mixing bowl mash two large over ripe bananas.
- Add oil, vanilla extract, brown sugar and mix until sugar dissolves completely.
- In a separate bowl, sieve wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together.
- Add flour mixture to wet ingredients.
- Add cocoa powder and milk. Mix everything well and make a smooth batter of pouring consistency.
- Pour the batter to greased loaf pan (8x3x2 inches) and tap it on counter.
- Garnish it with your choice of nuts and dry fruits.
- Bake it in preheated oven at 160°C for 30 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test.
- When it’s completely baked, take the cake out from the oven and demold it.
- Always tap the pan before baking and use a central rack of your oven to have even baked.
- Always bake in preheated oven. Preheating of oven helps to maintain the temperature.
- If your cake is browning fast then cover it with aluminum foil and continue to bake.
- The internal temperature of the cake should be 98° C when completely baked.
- Depending upon your oven size and temperature, baking time can vary.
- Always use unflavoured oil to bake a cake.
- If you want to make it chocolaty, you can add Choco chips as well.