A cookie recipe that originated in 1938, is now one of the most popular cookie recipes around the world. Yes, we are talking about quick chocolate chip cookies recipe. The traditional choco chip cookie recipe uses both brown and white sugar. But, today we will make our best chocolate chip cookies recipe with organic sugar
Eggless chocolate chip cookies
Keeping my elders in mind, who follow strict vegetarian food, I have kept this chip cookie recipe eggless. My today’s recipe is an attempt to delight the elders in the house.
By the way, I, being a 100% vegetarian, am a big promoter of eggless baking recipes.
Want to get growing?
Starting and growing a business can be hard, and sometimes you might feel stuck. Our weekly newsletter gets delivered to over 30,000 people each week to help them grow. We'd love to help you, too. Subscribe now, it's free.
We respect your privacy and promise to only send you the freshest baking news. No spam, ever. You can unsubscribe at any time.
MW Convection Temp
PS: Use conversion table to switch recipe between grams and cups.
How to make chocolate chip cookies from scratch
If you follow this chips cookies recipe to the tee, you will get thick, crunchy, and best homemade chocolate chip cookies. No special ingredient need to make these delicious cookies.
These chip cookies are going to be crisp from outside and tender from inside. If you want them crispier, bake them for 2 more minutes.
you can refrigerate this cookie dough for 3 months and refrigerate the baked cookies for 2 weeks.
Baking Chocolate Chip Cookies
Don’t over-mix or knead the dough. The dough will look like as shown in the picture below.
With a soft hand, divide this mixture into 18 equal parts and make balls. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180 °C.
Bake these cookies for 12-15 minutes. Once done, place cookies on a wired rack for a while else these will turn moist.
Your Choco chip cookies are ready. Goes best with tea or coffee.
- In a small bowl, whisk butter and sugar. Add vanilla essence and mix well.
- Don’t over-mix or knead the dough.
- With a soft hand, divide this mixture into 18 equal parts and make balls. Meanwhile, preheat the oven at 180 °C.
- Grease the baking tray or place a parchment paper. Place the balls of dough on a baking tray. Space the cookies about 2 inches apart on the tray as these will expand when you bake.
- Bake these cookies for 12-15 minutes.
- Once done, place cookies on a wired rack for a while else these will turn moist.
- Your Choco chip cookies are ready. Enjoy with your choice of Tea/Coffee.
- Every ingredient in the recipe and its quantity has its own significance. Do not alter them.
- This recipe is a tried and tested recipe. Substitute the ingredient/s only at your own risk.
- You can adjust the servings of this recipe in the “Recipe Card” and all the ingredients and their measurement will automatically adjust.
- In Cookies, vegetable oil and butter are not interchangeable. Butter not only provide fat to the cookies but also provide structure. Vegetable oil stays fluid in nature and hence will fail to give structure to your cookies.
- Do not knead the dough else it will develop the gluten that will result in soft and chewy cookies.