Eggless Vanilla cake is one of the most popular cakes around the world. And when you have eggless Vanilla sponge cake with you, you can be creative and do many things to bring your creativity into reality.
When I baked moist vanilla cake recipe a few days ago, my mother-in-law did not eat the cake because of the presence of eggs. Looking at the reaction of others, who were enjoying the cake, my mother-in-law asked if I know how to make a vanilla eggless cake?
Typically a Vanilla cake is baked using eggs. But the smell of eggs in cakes and other bakes irritates a lot of people. Those who have a strong nose to eggs, they can smell it even after the baked item has cooled down. Their alternative is to bake vanilla cake recipe eggless and this is what you are going to bake today.
|You will also Love: Eggless Chocolate Cake
Ever wondered why good bakery cakes and bread do not have the smell of eggs in them? Simply because instead of using fresh eggs they would have used egg powder. And that’s even worse according to me. In the process of making the powder out of an egg, it has to shed vitamins.
I have curated the list of recommended tools and ingredients for baking. I recommend only tried and tested products that have given satisfactory results in my kitchen.
If you bake this recipe, please share a picture with me on my Instagram using #bakewithsonia
Moist Eggless Vanilla Cake Recipe
The better the research the better will be the output of an experiment. I started reading simple eggless cake recipe, but they were all using the condensed milk.
Note: Video Recipe for Vanilla Cake is included in this recipe. Continue Reading
But the hard work does not go waste. My search headed me to an eggless vanilla cake recipe that used curd and baking soda. This was it. I got my formula to experiment with an eggless vanilla cake without condensed milk.
My initial two attempts did not lead to successful results and made me re-think. In both the attempt I got a sour cake with a prominent smell. After a deep dive into my recipe, I felt it is the curd that might be the culprit. I changed the 2 days old refrigerated curd with fresh curd and got one of the best vanilla cake recipes.
|Recommended Healthy Cake: Zucchini Carrot Cake
Eggless Vanilla Cake Recipe
PS: Use Conversion Table to convert cups to grams and vice versa.
For this recipe, I have used all-purpose flour and organic white sugar. Replaced eggs with fresh yogurt and baking soda. When baking soda combines with curd, it reacts and releases carbon dioxide that results in a fluffy vanilla cake.
I have purposely used more baking soda than my other recipes because after experimenting with different amounts, I got best results with this particular proportion of baking soda. This is a vanilla cake recipe with oil. Oil is used as the fat content and I have used regular flavorless oil.
Vanilla essence was used as the flavoring agent, however, you can use any other essence to make it of a different flavor.
Let’s make vanilla cake recipe from scratch
Sift all the dry ingredients and mix into wet ingredients. In eggless baking, sifting aerates the flour that results in light and fluffy cakes. Make a smooth batter. There should be no lumps.
Line a baking tin with parchment paper or you can simply grease it with butter. I have used baking tin which is 8 inches in diameter. Pour the batter into it. Tap the tin on counter to release the air bubbles.
Now place this tin in a preheated oven at 180 degree Celsius for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into it comes out clean.
Once done, take out the baking tin and let it rest for 5 minutes and then de-mould the cake and serve.
This is my no-fail recipe and I mostly use this spongy cake as a base for my fresh cream cakes. Watch the video to see how I made a birthday cake using this eggless vanilla cake sponge.
Watch the making of Eggless Vanilla Cake
Bonus Cake Frosting Video
Buy Tools and Ingredients used in this recipe
- In a bowl mix Curd, Oil, Sugar, Milk and Vanilla Essence.
- Sift all the dry ingredients and mix into wet ingredients.
- Make a smooth batter. There should be no lumps.
- Line a baking tin with parchment paper and pour the batter into it. I have used baking tin which is 8 inches in diameter.
- Now place this tin in a preheated oven at 180 degree Celsius for 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into it comes out clean.
- Once done, take out the baking tin and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Now de-mould the cake and serve.
- You can bake this cake in a pressure cooker as well. As shown in the picture, put some salt in the cooker base and place a stand on it. Now you can place your baking tin on the stand and close the lid of Pressure cooker. Don’t forget to remove the whistle. Bake this cake on a medium flame for 30-35 minutes.
- Amount of milk suggested in the recipe is 180 ml. However you can increase or reduce the amount based upon quality of flour you are using. Every flour has different absorption capacity.
- To add tutti frutti into this cake, toss the tutti frutti with one table spoon of all purpose flour and add to the batter.