With the changing lifestyle and health issues, people nowadays are more concerned about their food. After all its 70% of food that defines your body. Such changes have increased the usage of Millets. And our today’s Millet Brownies is one such healthy recipe that will delight each of the health-conscious people.
Millets are known as superfoods. Today our recipe is based upon one such millet: Foxtail Millet. There are many benefits to these millets. Let’s talk about a few.
Benefits of Foxtail Millet
Foxtail millet is used for reducing the factors of diabetes. Hence it helps to maintain the blood sugar levels. It helps in regulating cholesterol levels.
Foxtail millet is high in dietary fiber, hence helps in curing digestive disorders. It is also rich in Vitamin B6 which is very important for the healthy functioning of the nervous system. This magical millet also helps in removing acidic elements from the body.
The list is endless.
It is important to include such superfoods in your meal but at the same time, it is equally important to have chemical-free organic products. For my recipe, I used Organic Foxtail Millet from Pristine. They have an awesome range of organic products.
Foxtail Millet Brownies
So using this healthy Foxtail Millet I baked Triple chocolate Millet Brownies. These are so gooey and delicious, I bet you can’t stop at one. These are going to be gooey brownies just like my American Walnut Brownies.
A brownie a day keeps sadness away 🙂
Yes, when you get such healthy millet brownies to eat, then why to say no.
By reading the name you must be thinking why triple chocolate? What does that mean?
Let me tell you, in this millet brownies recipe, we have used chocolate in three ways. One is in chocolate butter solution, the second one is in the form of cocoa powder and the third one is Chocolate chips.
For this recipe, I have used a small portion of wheat flour. This is an eggless recipe and we have used Foxtail millet as a base for this recipe so here Whole wheat flour will help to bind all the ingredients.
So whenever you try this recipe, don’t miss sharing the picture with me on Instagram and tag me. Now without taking much of your time, let’s start the recipe.
Foxtail Millet Brownie Recipe
Melt chocolate and butter in a double boiler. Once it melts, let it come to room temperature.
In another mixing bowl, add fresh yogurt and raw cane sugar. Mix until sugar dissolves. Add melted chocolate and butter solution to it. Whisk it well.
In a small bowl, dissolve instant coffee into hot water and keep it aside.
Now sieve Foxtail millet flour, whole wheat flour, Cocoa powder, and baking powder directly into wet ingredient bowl. Using a spatula, mix all the dry and wet ingredients. Add coffee solution and chocolate chips into the batter. Mix it.
Pour the batter into a lined tin. Using spatula evenly spread the batter. The batter of brownies is generally thick as compared to the cake batter. So do not add milk or any other liquid to make it of pouring consistency.
Bake this brownie batter in a preheated oven at 180 °C for 20 minutes.
After 20 minutes, take the tin out from the oven. If you want your millet brownies to be gooey then do not bake them more than 20 minutes.
The sign of perfectly baked brownies is those that will be firm at the corners but soft in the center.
After baking let the foxtail triple chocolate brownies rest for minimum 30 minutes and then slice otherwise your millet brownies will crumble. I love to have these gooey brownies with some hot chocolate sauce drizzled over them.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a double boiler. Once it melts, let it come to room temperature.
- In another mixing bowl, add fresh yogurt and raw cane sugar. Mix until sugar dissolves.
- Add melted chocolate and butter solution to it. Whisk it well.
- In a small bowl, dissolve instant coffee into hot water and keep it aside.
- Using a spatula, mix all the dry and wet ingredients.
- Add coffee solution and chocolate chips into the batter. Mix it.
- Pour the batter into a lined tin. Using spatula evenly spread the batter.
- Bake this brownie batter in a preheated oven at 180 °C for 20 minutes.
- After baking let the homemade chocolate millet brownies rest for minimum 30 minutes and then slice.
- Our Gooey foxtail millet triple chocolate millet brownies are ready.
- This recipe is a tried and tested recipe. Substitute the ingredient/s only at your own risk.
- Every ingredient in the recipe and its quantity has its own significance. Do not alter them.
- You can adjust the servings of this recipe in the “Recipe Card” and all the ingredients and their measurement will automatically adjust.
- I have used salted butter so didn’t add salt to the recipe but in case you are using unsalted butter then add ¼ tsp of salt.
- You can substitute raw cane sugar with regular white sugar as well.
- If you want to use eggs then replace 80 gm yogurt with two medium-size eggs. Rest recipe will remain the same.