Baking bread at home in today’s time is not for fun but for its necessity. I have always advocated baking at home and the reason is very simple. When you bake at home, you get complete control over the quality of ingredients and its portion.
Buying bread for the market is extremely effortless, and that is why most of the people still do that, compromising health aside.
Eggless Focaccia Bread
But have you ever thought about a bread that needs no efforts, no complicated processes to follow, no muscle powder for kneading and all it needs is a few basic ingredients and a little bit of your time? I am sure this sounds more fun than buying bread. Isn’t it?
And this is what we are going to talk about today. So today we are going to bake No knead focaccia bread recipe. Focaccia is a popular Italian flatbread, which is also known as the cousin of Pizza. I also have a healthy whole-wheat pizza recipe that you might like to check.
There is something extra special about bringing warm homemade bread to the table. Even if you haven’t baked bread so far, you can still bake this no knead focaccia bread. The Whole Wheat lover can check my Whole Wheat Focaccia Bread recipe.
This focaccia recipe is a fuss-free recipe to go. No kneading, No stretching. All it takes is a bit of your time.
The dough comes together quickly and then is left to rise for a couple of hours while you finish your other works. Cast iron pan is best for achieving a super-crispy crust, but any other baking tin will also work.
Drizzle it with extra-virgin olive oil and top with fresh herbs if you have, then bake until golden.
So let’s get started!
|Tin Size||8″ Baking Pan|
|Oven Temp||200 °C|
|Baking Time||20 min|
|MW Convection Temp||180 °C|
|Baking Time||20 min|
|Cooling Time||10 min|
PS: Use conversion table to switch recipe between grams and cups
No Knead Focaccia Bread Recipe
In a small bowl add 1/2 tsp dry yeast and 1/2 tsp sugar. Now add 60 ml lukewarm water. Stir it and let it rest until yeast froths.
Keep adding water in between to bind the dough. I have consumed around 120 ml of water to knead the dough.
At this stage add 1 tbsp olive oil. You can use melted butter as well but olive oil enhances the taste.
Now cover the prepared dough with cling wrap and let it rest on the kitchen counter for about 2 hrs.
After 2 hrs, punch the dough and transfer it to a greased 8 inches round pan. Apply some olive oil on hands and gently press the dough to shape it.
Garnish the dough with your choice of vegetables. Here I am using Cherry Tomatoes and Olives. Again cover the dough and let it rest until it doubles in volume.
Meanwhile preheat the oven at 200 °C. Now bake the shaped bread in a preheated oven at 200 °C for 20 minutes.
After 20 minutes, take the focaccia bread out from the oven. Immediately demold it.
Slice and serve the baked No knead focaccia bread with your choice of dip.
Baking a picture perfect cake is everybody’s desire. And if you are a baking enthusiastic and trying to figure out where to start from then you must start with our 30 Days Baking Challenge Online Course.
This course does not just teach you recipes, rather it teaches you the science behind baking. This is a perfect way for a beginner to start learning and gain confidence in their baking.
You can also master the art of baking in just 30 days. Click here to know more.
Let me know your experience with the recipe in the comment box below. I will try to respond back as much as possible.
Watch the Full Video
For Recommended Tools and Ingredients visit my Amazon Shop Page.
- In a small bowl, add yeast, sugar and a portion of lukewarm water.
- Stir it and let it rest until yeast froths.
- Using a wooden spatula or spoon, mix everything.
- Add the rest of the luke warmwater and olive oil.
- Mix everything until it combines. It will look like a sticky dough.
- After 2hr, transfer the dough into a greased heavy bottom 8 inches round pan/tin.
- Apply some olive oil on your hands and gently press the dough to spread it.
- Top the shaped dough with sliced olives and tomatoes. Cover the tin with a towel or cling wrap.
- Let it rest until it doubles in volume.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven at 200 °C.
- Baked the risen dough in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Once naked, take the tin out and immediately demould the baked bread. Brush it with extra virgin olive oil to enhance the flavor.
- This is a tried and tested recipe. In case you want to change any ingredient, then the final outcome will also change.
- Every oven behaves differently and you are the best judge for your oven. So baking time can vary depending upon your oven size and model.
- You can adjust the servings of this recipe in the “Recipe Card” and all the ingredients and their measurement will automatically adjust.