Who doesn’t like Nachos Chips? I think people of all ages enjoy this snack. Now let’s try my oven baked nachos chips recipe. The best thing about this snack is that you just have to change the dip and it is an all-new recipe. Pretty versatile!
Also known as Tortilla chips, these are primarily used in Mexican cuisine and are often served with cheese dip or salsa.
Apart from the ingredients, I have opted for the healthiest way to make these Nachos Chips. Instead of deep-frying, I have baked these Nachos.
Alright, do not compare the taste of baked nachos chips with market bought fried nachos chips. You cannot compare them. That’s what I feel.
So initially you or your family might feel the difference in the taste of these homemade healthy Baked Nachos. But as soon as you adapt the taste of it, you will love eating them as these baked nachos chips are absolutely guilt-free.
If you bake this recipe, please share a picture with me on my Instagram using #bakewithsonia
PS: It took 4 nachos chips within which my son shouted, Mom, these actually taste great and I am sure you will not ask me to stop eating them as they are baked not fried.
So without wasting time, let’s get to the recipe!
|Oven Temp||180 °C|
|Baking Time||20 min|
|MW Convection Temp||160 °C|
|Baking Time||20 min|
Baked Nachos Chips Recipe
In a saucepan, boil the water. It should be really hot while mixing with flour.
In another mixing bowl, add maize flour, whole wheat flour, salt. Black pepper and baking soda. Mix all the ingredients and start adding hot water. Mix everything using a spatula and be careful while mixing as water will be hot.
Add oil and make a stiff but smooth dough. As every flour has a different absorption capacity, so if you feel the dough is dry, add water accordingly.
Keep oven for preheating at 180 °C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
Divide the dough into two portions and roll each portion into a thin sheet using two layers of parchment paper. While rolling, make sure it’s of even thickness else baking will not be even.
Now using a knife cut the rolled sheet into small triangles and prick it well.
So pricking here is important, else your baked nachos chips will puff up.
Place all the shaped nachos on a lined baking tray and bake it in a preheated oven at 180 °C for 20 minutes.
Every oven behaves differently so you know your oven better. Based upon your oven the baking time can differ. So bake the nachos until these become crispy.
Once baked, take out the tray from the oven and serve freshly baked Nachos Chips with your choice of dip. My family loves to have these with cheese dip or tandoori mayonnaise.
For Recommended Tools and Ingredients visit my Amazon Shop Page.
#BreadBakers is a group of bread-loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on this home page.
- Baked Nachos from Anybody Can Bake
- Cheesy Crunchy Mini Crackers from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Homemade Senbei Rice Crackers from Food Lust People Love
- Lavash from Sneha’s Recipe
- Olive Oil Crackers from A Messy Kitchen
- Rosemary Crackers from Passion Kneaded
- Sourdough Cheddar Cheese and Rosemary Crackers from Zesty South Indian Kitchen
- Sprouted Wheat Crackers with Sea Salt from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Wholegrain Sesame and Flaxseed Crackers from Ambrosia
- Wholemeal and Oats Carrot Crackers from Cook with Renu
- In a saucepan, add water and heat it. It should be boiling hot.
- Add hot water into the bowl and using a spatula or a spoon start mixing.
- Add oil and make sure everything is mixed properly.
- Make it to a stiff and smooth dough. If need, add more water.
- Now divide the dough into two equal portions.
- Keep the dough between two layers of parchment paper or plastic sheet.
- Using a rolling pin roll it into a thin sheet.
- Prick the rolled sheet and cut it into triangular shapes. Place them on a baking tray.
- Bake in preheated oven at180 °C for 20 minutes.
- Enjoy your baked healthy baked nachos chips with your choice of dip.
- This is a tried and tested recipe. In case you want to change any ingredient, then the final outcome will also change.
- Every oven behaves differently and you are the best judge for your oven. So baking time can vary depending upon your oven size and model.
- You can adjust the servings of this recipe in the “Recipe Card” and all the ingredients and their measurement will automatically adjust.