Crumbles are the ultimate fall easy dessert because they’re simple to put together but will light up a fall evening like nothing else. Plums available is market are so juicy that I thought I should bake something. What can be a better option to use the juicy plums than baking a delicious Plum crumble?
Easy Eggless Plum Crumble Recipe
The secret to making a fantastic plum crumble is using ripe plums. This recipe is so simple and doesn’t need many ingredients. Plum crumble recipe is wonderful because it’s moderate in sweetness.
The little sourness of plums with super crumbly topping makes it just prefect to relish on any fall evening. I have one similar recipe of Strawberry cobbler on my blog which quite resembles to this recipe. If you haven’t try that, I strongly recommend.
Click here to watch the full video recipe
But if you are like me who like to read step-by-step process then continue reading.
I have used combination of all-purpose flour and almond meal to prepare the topping. However if you are allergic to gluten, simply replace flour with oat. This recipe is so versatile yet so simple that one can never go wrong with it.
Let’s get started!
MW Convection Temp
PS: Use conversion table to switch recipe between grams and cups
Join my Facebook Community of 88K bakers across the world
Live shows, recipes, learn from each other and a lot of other exciting things that will keep you hooked. Join now and meet me inside the community.
How to make Plum Crumble
To make Plum Crumble, in a bowl take 250 gm sliced plums. Add 50 gm powdered sugar, 1 tbsp cornflour and 1 tsp orange zest to it. Mix it and let it rest 10 minutes.
Meanwhile let’s prepare the crumble.
Take 40 gm unsalted butter. Add ½ tsp of French Vanilla flavour from Ossoro.
Now add 50 gm all-purpose flour, 30 gm Almond meal, 40 gm brown sugar, ½ tsp cinnamon powder, and a pinch of salt. Using finger tips, start mixing everything.It will look like a sticky crumbly mixture. Now add ½ baking powder and give it a stir. The crumble is ready.
To assemble the crumble, take a 6 inches ramekin. Pour the prepared plum mixture into it. Make an even layer of it. Now using a spoon, layer it with prepared crumble. Spread it evenly. Now I am going to bake it in a preheated oven at 180 °C for 35 minutes.
After 35 minutes, plum crumble is out from the oven. The upper layer is firm ad crispy.
Slice it and serve it with a scoop of ice-cream. It tastes best when severed hot.
Try this exotic eggless plum crumble recipe and share your feedback with me. If you are posting the pictures of your bakes on Facebook or Instagram, do not miss tagging me. I would love to see your bakes.
Baking a picture perfect cake is everybody’s desire. And if you are a baking enthusiastic and trying to figure out where to start from then you must start with our 30 Days Baking Challenge Online Course.
This course does not just teach you recipes, rather it teaches you the science behind baking. This is a perfect way for a beginner to start learning and gain confidence in their baking.
You can also master the art of baking in just 30 days. Click here to know more.
Let me know your experience with the recipe in the comment box below. I will try to respond back as much as possible.
For Recommended Tools and Ingredients visit my Amazon Shop Page.
- In a bowl take 250 gmsliced plums. Add 50 gm powdered sugar, 1 tbsp cornflour and 1 tsp orange zestto it. Mix it and let it rest 10 minutes.
- In another bowl, take 40 gmunsalted butter. Add ½ tsp of French Vanilla flavour.
- Add 50 gm all-purposeflour, 30 gm Almond meal, 40 gm brown sugar, ½ tsp cinnamon powder, and a pinchof salt to it.
- Using finger tips, startmixing everything.
- Now add ½ baking powder andgive it a stir. The crumble is ready.
- In a 6 inches ramekin, pourthe prepared plum mixture.
- Top it with preparedcrumble topping.
- Bake it ina preheated oven at 180 C for 35 minutes.
- After 35 minutes, take thebaked crumble out from the oven.
- Scoop it out and serve hot.
- Every ingredient in the recipe and its quantity has its own significance. Do not alter them.
- Plum Crumble recipe is a tried and tested recipe. Substitute the ingredient/s only at your own risk.
- You can adjust the servings of this recipe in the “Recipe Card” and all the ingredients and their measurement will automatically adjust.