A waffle is made from a leavened batter that is cooked between two plates to give a size, shape, and surface impression. Waffles recipe is made using a waffle maker but what to do if you do not have a waffle maker at home.
So today we will make waffle recipe without any waffle maker but by using a simple silicon waffle mold.Waffles are loved by people all over the world but its origin is Belgium and that’s why Belgian waffles are most famous. The Belgian waffle is quite thick with a large pattern and deep indentations.
Perfect Homemade Waffles
The recipe I have shared can be doubled or tripled. All you need to change the servings in the recipe card and you will get ingredient list accordingly. This recipe can be used for making waffles recipe in a waffle maker. All you need to grease the waffle maker and preheat it to get crispy waffles.
Click here to watch the full video recipe
But if you are like me who like to read step-by-step process then continue reading.
Let’s get started!
MW Convection Temp
PS: Use conversion table to switch recipe between grams and cups
Join my Facebook Community of 88K bakers across the world
Live shows, recipes, learn from each other and a lot of other exciting things that will keep you hooked. Join now and meet me inside the community.
How to Make Waffles from Scratch
Add rest of the milk to make a smooth and thick batter. Just watch the video to check the consistency of the batter. Here I have used total 60 ml of milk.
To enhance the flavor of our waffles I am going to add few drops of Ossoro’s Espresso flavor.
I love coffee and the Espresso flavor gives me that perfect aroma of freshly brewed coffee.
The batter is ready. To make the waffles, either you need waffle maker or you can use such silicon mold which is easily available online. Fill the mold up to 3/4th. Using a spoon evenly spread the batter to all the corners and then tap the tray on counter.Now I am going to bake these waffles in a preheated oven at 180 °C for 10 minutes.
After 10 minutes of baking, the waffles are perfectly baked. But these are not crispy as these are supposed to be.To make the waffles crispy, just unmold the baked waffles on a baking tray and bake in preheated oven at 180 C for another 5 minutes.
These will be as crispy as made in any waffle maker.
The waffles are ready. Now serve these the way your family likes. I love to serve the waffles with some whipped cream, lots of chocolate sauce and some fresh berries.
Baking a picture perfect cake is everybody’s desire. And if you are a baking enthusiastic and trying to figure out where to start from then you must start with our 30 Days Baking Challenge Online Course.
This course does not just teach you recipes, rather it teaches you the science behind baking. This is a perfect way for a beginner to start learning and gain confidence in their baking.
You can also master the art of baking in just 30 days. Click here to know more.
Let me know your experience with the recipe in the comment box below. I will try to respond back as much as possible.
For Recommended Tools and Ingredients visit my Amazon Shop Page.
- In a bowl add 2 tbsp of any unflavoured oil. Add 20 gm powdered sugar to it.
- Add half of the milk and whisk to mix everything.
- Add rest of the milk to make a smooth batter.
- Add few drops of Espresso flavour. Mix and the batter is ready.
- Fill the batter into the silicon mould and fill each cavity up to 3/4th.
- Tap the tray and bake these in preheated oven at 180 C for 10 minutes.
- After 10mint, unmould the baked waffles on baking tray and bake at 180 C for another 5min.
- The baked waffles are ready.
- Serve these with your choice of sauce and toppings.
- Every ingredient in the recipe and its quantity has its own significance. Do not alter them.
- This recipe is a tried and tested recipe. Substitute the ingredient/s only at your own risk.
- You can adjust the servings of this recipe in the “Recipe Card” and all the ingredients and their measurement will automatically adjust.