Irish Soda bread #BreadBakers
Extremely easy Irish Soda Bread for people who look for yeast free bread. This brown soda bread is a quick bread that needs no rising time.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 10 slices
Keep the oven for preheating at 180 °C.
Add honey to buttermilk. Stir it to mix it.
In a large mixing bowl, add whole wheat flour, All-purpose flour, salt, cranberries, and baking soda.
Add honey and buttermilk solution to it. Mix it.
Add butter to the dough. Mix it well into the dough.
Knead the dough for 2 minutes and then shape it into a log.
Place the shaped dough into a lined loaf tin.
Seam side should face down. Using a sharp knife, slit the dough lengthwise.
Bake it in a preheated oven at 180 °C for 30 minutes.
Once baked, remove the tin from oven.
De-mold the bread and place it on a wired rack.
Let the bread come to room temperature. Slice and serve.
- Every ingredient in the recipe and its quantity has its own significance. Do not alter them.
- This recipe is a tried and tested recipe. Substitute the ingredient/s only at your own risk.
- You can adjust the servings of this recipe in the “Recipe Card” and all the ingredients and their measurement will automatically adjust.
- To buy our recommended baking tool and ingredients, please visit, our Shop of recommended baking products.
- Buttermilk is not easily available in many places. In that case, whisk a ¼ cup of fresh yogurt with ¾ cup water. Or add 1 tsp vinegar to 1 cup milk. Keep it aside for 5 minutes. Buttermilk is ready.
- You can replace honey with maple syrup.