Eggless Ladi Pav Recipe
Eggless Homemade Ladi Pav Recipe is a much popular recipe in Mumbai. Learn how to make soft and spongy ladi pav bread buns recipe. These Ladi Pav Buns are best for delicacies like Pav Bhaji and Vada Pav.
Servings: 16 Pavs
- 400 gm All Purpose Flour
- 2 tbs Fresh Cream Amul
- 20 gm Milk Powder Nestle
- 5 gm Active Dry Yeast Prime
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbs Oil (Alternative Butter)
- 2 tbs Milk
- 270 ml Water
To activate the yeast, dissolve it into lukewarm water with a teaspoon of sugar. Stir it and keep aside until it froths.
In a bowl take flour, salt, cream and milk powder. Mix everything.
Add activated yeast water to the flour. Start kneading the dough.
Add oil to the dough and knead it for 3-4 minutes.
Keep the dough in a greased bowl and cover it with a kitchen towel until it doubles in volume.
When dough doubles, punch it to release the air.
Divide the dough into equal portions of 50-52 gram each.
Shape them round and place them on a greased baking tray by leaving some space in-between.
Cover them with a kitchen towel and let them rest until double in volume.
Meanwhile, keep the oven for preheating to 200 °C.
Brush the pav dough with milk before baking and bake in preheated oven for 20 min.
When there is even golden color on the crust, remove them from the oven and demold immediately.
Brush the baked pav buns with butter and serve.
- For cream either you can use cream accumulated from milk after boiling it or use Amul fresh cream.
- Milk powder and cream are necessary to add if you want to have a great texture.
- In case you are using instant yeast instead of active dry yeast, the quantity will remain the same.
- Preheating is must have for an even baking.
- If your pav buns are browning too fast, cover them with aluminum foil and continue to bake.