Easy Homemade Apple Pie Recipe
Check out the old-fashioned Americans favorite Apple Pie Recipe. The recipe includes apple pie crust recipe and juicy apple pie filling recipe. This easy apple pie recipe is a perfect addition to winter’s menu.
Prep Time25 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time1 hr 25 mins
Servings: 6 Apple Pie
For Pastry Dough
- 125 gm All Purpose Flour
- 30 gm Sugar Powdered
- 60 gm Butter Chilled
- 4 tbs Water Cold
- 1/8 tsp Salt
For Apple Pie Filling
- 2 pcs Apple Peeled and Diced
- 50 gm Sugar Brown
- 1 tbs Butter
- 1 tsp Cinnamon Powder
To prepare the crust, In a mixing bowl add flour, sugar, salt and butter. Mix it well until it resembles bread crumb.
Add cold water and combine all the ingredients. Prepare a tight dough and let this dough rest in refrigerator. Do not knead the dough.
To prepare the stuffing, in a pan add diced apple, butter, brown sugar and cinnamon powder.
Cook for few minutes until apple is half done.
Take out this mixture in a bowl and let it cool completely.
Preheat the oven at 180°C.
On a floured surface, roll the dough into a sheet about ¼ inch in thickness. Cut circular discs out of it.
Transfer these cut-outs into a greased pie tins and finish all the edges to get neat pie.
Prick all-over lightly with fork. Bake them in preheated oven for 8-10 min.
After 8 minutes, take the mould out and put the stuffing. Cover the top with another layer of pie crust (Dough).
Brush with Milk and bake in a preheated oven for about 25 minutes.
When baked, take out from oven, de-mould, dust some icing sugar and serve.
- Always use cold butter to make the pie crust.
- Do no knead the dough. Kneading can form the gluten hence result is chewy crust.
- Use only unsalted butter for the recipe.
- After preparing the dough, resting it in refrigerator is very important. It makes easy to handle the dough.
- You can use caramelised bananas, blueberries or any other fruit as stuffing.
- To prepare icing sugar, powder 1 cup granulated sugar and 1 tablespoon of cornflour, together.