Buttermilk Beignets Recipe
Super delightful Buttermilk Beignets Recipe made with Whole Wheat. Enjoy the most traditional and a unique version of buttermilk beignets.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Resting Time50 mins
Servings: 30 pieces
- 250 gm Whole Wheat Flour
- 120 ml Milk
- 60 ml Buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp Yeast
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 300 ml Oil For Frying
- 3 tbsp Icing Sugar
- 100 gm Chocolate Dark Chocolate
- 1 tbsp Butter For Chocolate Ganache
In a bowl add lukewarm milk. Add sugar and yeast to it. Stir it and keep it aside until it froths.
In a jar take buttermilk and add vanilla extract to it. Stir it and keep aside.
Once yeast froths, add flour, salt, baking soda and buttermilk solution to it. Start mixing it.
Add butter and mix it into the dough. Do not knead this dough.
Once everything comes together, just cover the bowl with cling wrap and keep it in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours.
Once dough doubles, take it out of the refrigerator. Punch the dough to release the air.
Divide the dough into two equal portions.
For fried Beignets, In a pan, pour enough oil for frying. Bring into 180 °C on medium heat.
On a lightly floured surface roll the one portion of dough into a rectangular sheet of a ½ inch thickness. Using a knife cut 1x1 inches squares out of it.
Fry them until golden and puffed. Then transfer on a kitchen towel and dust with icing sugar.
For baked Beignets, transfer a few of the squares to the lined baking tray. Cover them with a kitchen towel and keep aside for the second rise.
Meanwhile, preheat the oven at 180 °C and bake the squares in preheated oven for 20
After baking, let them come on room temperature and then coat with melted chocolate.
Our two versions of Buttermilk Beignets are ready to serve.
- Every ingredient in the recipe and its quantity has its own significance. Do not alter them.
- This recipe is a tried and tested recipe. Substitute the ingredient/s only at your own risk.
- You can adjust the servings of this recipe in the “Recipe Card” and all the ingredients and their measurement will automatically adjust.
- To buy our recommended baking tool and ingredients, please visit, our Shop of recommended baking products.
- Buttermilk is not easily available in many places. In that case, whisk a ¼ cup of fresh yogurt with ¾ cup water. Or add 1 tsp vinegar to 1 cup milk. Keep it aside for 5 minutes. Buttermilk is ready.