Gluten Free Amaranth Crackers
Amaranth Crackers are a gluten-free cracker recipe made using Amaranth flour. Loaded with herbs, sesame seeds, and garlic, Amaranth Crackers are a great snacking option.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Resting Time12 hrs
Servings: 30 Crackers
- 150 gm Amaranth Flour
- 50 gm Butter Salted
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 5 gm Brown Sugar Powdered
- 30 gm Sourdough Discard Starter
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Chili Flakes
- 1 tbsp Mixed Herbs
- 2 tbsp Water
In a bowl take sourdough discard/starter, Amaranth flour, brown sugar, salt, Chilli flakes, mixed herbs, butter, and garlic powder.
Now using your fingertips, mix butter into dry ingredients until it looks like bread crumbs.
Add 1 tablespoon water at a time to bind the dough.
Cover it with cling wrap and refrigerate it for 12 hrs.
After 12 hrs rest, place the dough between two sheets of parchment paper and roll it into a thin sheet of 1/4th-inch thickness.
Meanwhile, keep the oven for preheating at 160 °C.
Using a cookie butter or sharp knife, cut the desired shapes and prick every cracker with a fork.
Place all the shaped crackers on a lined baking tray and bake in a preheated oven at 160 °C for 20 min.
After baking take the tray out from the oven.
Let the baked crackers rest on the tray for some time before shifting them on a cooling rack.
Amaranth crackers with sesame seeds are ready to serve.
- This is tried and tested recipe. In case you want to change any ingredient, then final outcome will also change.
- You can use any gluten free flour for this recipe.
- Butter adds the flavour as well as helps to bind. Do not think about replacing it.
- You can add spices of your choice.
- 12 hr refrigeration helps to enhance the flavour.
- Keep the dough firm and hard. Do not add more water.