Chewy whole wheat brownies with Nutella and Almond, the name describes it all. In this recipe for Nutella brownies, I have used whole wheat flour, brown sugar, and almonds. The brownies have an irresistible taste that makes every Nutella lover go crazy. Replacement of all-purpose flour with wheat makes it a healthier brownie. Worried about the high sugar content of Nutella, read on.
I have used Nutella to drizzle the top. Nutella is very high in sugar content, so I have cut down the sugar amount for these brownies with Nutella and balanced it. You have the choice to skip Nutella and bake healthy whole wheat brownies.
|Healthy Brownies: Quinoa Brownies
Experiments are a part of a science student and so is with me. Every time I think of baking something, the first thing I think of is experimenting something new. I believe in eggless baking, but with this recipe, I have broken rules.
In this recipe, I have used eggs to include protein and also to add the fluffiness in these brownies. Don’t worry, Nutella will mask the smell of eggs.
|Recommended Read: American Walnut Brownie
I have curated the list of recommended tools and ingredients for baking. I recommend only tried and tested products that have given satisfactory results in my kitchen.
If you bake this recipe, please share a picture with me on my Instagram using #bakewithsonia
Nutella Whole Wheat Brownies
I think every mother with resonate with this statement. Last Sunday my son demanded to have freshly baked brownies with vanilla ice-cream. I was not at all convinced. He has been demanding many such things ever since his holidays started.
A mom like me always like to keep a check on their kids eating and whenever I get a chance, I replace unhealthy ingredients with healthy ingredients. After all, they won’t stop demanding and you cannot say No to their demands every time.
I always want to make my bakes healthy without compromising on taste and texture.
Try baking these Nutella brownies recipes and you will see your neighbors asking for what’s getting baked. The aroma is so flavourful that it will draw the attention of everyone within a radius of 10 meters.
This is a 10 on 10 recipes for Nutella brownies. I surprised my son by not stopping him eating the second portion of the brownie. He just loved eating it slowly enjoying every flavor of it. I enjoyed watching him in so much fun.
How to make Brownies with Nutella
In a bowl, take butter, semisweet chocolate, and coffee powder. Everything should be at room temperature.
PS: Use Conversion Table to convert cups into grams and vice versa
Place a pan half filled with water on the gas stove and start heating it. Now place the bowl with chocolate, butter, and coffee on this pan with water. This technique is known as a double boiler.
While working with chocolate, temperature plays an important role. Direct heating of chocolate on flame can seize the chocolate. So melt all these on double boiler to get a smooth and lumps free solution.
Once done, let the solution come to the room temperature.
Once sugar is dissolved, add prepared chocolate-butter solution and cocoa powder to the egg-sugar mixture and gently fold. Do not whisk as it can make the air skip.
Sieve flour, baking powder and salt altogether. Add these dry ingredients to wet ingredients and gently fold using cut & fold method to keep the air intact. Do not over mix the batter. Add chopped almonds to the batter.
Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 160° C.
Take an 8×8 inch baking tin and line it with parchment paper. Pour the batter into it. Tap the tin on the counter.
Sprinkle chopped almonds on top. Bake it in a preheated oven at 160° C for 20 minutes. Do not bake the brownies more than 20 minutes if you want to have gooey brownies. Toothpick test never works in gooey brownies.
After 20 minutes, take the tin out from the Oven. Drizzle Nutella on it when it’s still warm. De-mould the brownies. Cut these into pieces.
Your whole wheat Almond Nutella brownies are ready to serve. These taste best when served hot with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Buy Tools and Ingredients used in this recipe
- In a bowl, take butter, Semisweet chocolate, and coffee powder.
- Melt all these on double boiler to get a smooth and lumps free solution. Once done, let the solution come to the room temperature.
- Add chocolate solution and cocoa powder to the egg-sugar mixture and gently fold them.
- Sieve flour, baking powder and salt altogether and mix these into batter.
- Do not over mix the solution. Gently fold all the dry ingredients along with chopped almonds into wet ingredients with cut n fold method to keep the air intact.
- Meanwhile, pre-heat the oven at 160° C.
- After 20 minutes, take the tin out from the Oven. Drizzle Nutella on it. Cut it into pieces.
- Your whole wheat Almond Nutella brownie is ready to serve.
- You can substitute Brown sugar with the same amount of Jaggery powder.
- You can add Walnuts instead of Almonds.
- To make it egg free, substitute 2 eggs with ½ cup fresh yogurt/curd.
- Do not bake your brownies more than 20 minutes.
- To make your brownie fluffier, add one more egg.
- To make it with condensed milk, substitute 2 eggs with 200 ml condensed milk and skip adding additional sugar.