My husband was working in Mumbai for a good year and a half. I heard a lot of stories from him about the best brownie recipe in the world that he used to order from a nearby store in Mumbai. Almost every time he would eat a dessert, he would not forget to bring his gooey chocolate fudge brownies in between. I finally decided to treat him with a similar homemade chocolate fudge brownie recipe with cocoa powder.
|Recommended Read: Nutella Almond Brownies
I started my project work of research. I wanted to be absolutely sure about the chocolate brownie recipe with cocoa powder, before making an attempt.
American Walnut Brownie
While reading about fudge brownie recipe with cocoa powder, I found some interesting facts. Just like many other recipes, the fact that who invented the brownie recipe is not clear. Some say that some chef accidentally made the brownie recipe, whereas he intended to make cookies. And some talk about a housewife in Maine.
However, most of the evidence points towards the Palmer house hotel in Chicago. Hence we call this gooey brownie recipe to be American.
Whosoever made this recipe first, must be a big time foodie. Walnut fudge brownie recipe is a pure delight to eat any time of a day. This rich and homemade chocolate fudge brownies recipe is an irresistible square baked dessert.
Best Walnut Brownie Recipe
I read quite a few fudgy chocolate brownie recipes and tried hands on a couple of them. As usual, I made a few changes in the way the original recipes were. The intent was simple, to make a quick and simple brownie recipe.
Once I made my variation on paper, it was time to gets hands dirty. I gathered all the ingredients and baked my version of American Walnut Brownie. The first shot itself gave one of the most aromatic walnut brownies that barely survived for 10 minutes.
|Healthy Brownie Recipe: Quinoa Brownies
I have curated the list of recommended tools and ingredients for baking. I recommend only tried and tested products that have given satisfactory results in my kitchen.
If you bake this recipe, please share a picture with me on my Instagram using #bakewithsonia
Let’s make the American Walnut Brownie
In a bowl, beat eggs and sugar together until sugar dissolves.
In a double boiler, melt the chocolate and butter together. Once chocolate butter mixture comes to room temperature, mix it into egg-sugar solution.
Add vanilla essence, Coffee powder and Cocoa powder.
In a separate bowl, sift all-purpose flour and baking powder. Fold dry ingredients with wet ingredients.
Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 160 °C and place a parchment paper in an 8×8 baking tin.
Add walnuts and prepare a lump free batter. Now pour this batter into the baking tin.
Bake it at 160 °C for 25 minutes. Once done, take out your Brownie and keep it on a wired rack for a few minutes before you de-mould it.
De-mould baked brownie, cut it and serve it (I got 12 pieces of 2×2 in size).
Like to watch Video Recipes, subscribe to our YouTube Channel.
- 125 gm Dark Chocolate
- 80 gm Butter
- 2 piece Eggs
- 3/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Walnuts
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 tbsp Instant Coffee
- 1 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 pinch Salt
- In a bowl, beat eggs and sugar together until sugar dissolves.
- On double boiler, melts the chocolate and butter together.
- Once chocolate butter mixture comes to room temperature, mix it into egg-sugar solution.
- Add vanilla essence, Coffee powder and Cocoa powder.
- In a separate bowl, sieve all purpose flour and baking powder.
- Fold dry ingredients with wet ingredients.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven at 160 °C and place a parchment paper in an 8x8 baking tin.
- Add walnuts and prepare a lump free batter. Now pour this batter into the baking tin.
- Bake it at 160 °C for 25 minutes. Once done, take out your Brownie and keep it on a wired rack for a few minutes before you de-mould it.
- De-mould baked brownie, cut it and serve it (I got 12 pieces of 2x2 in size).
- Tooth pick test never works while baking brownies.
- If you are using salted butter, skip salt.
- To make eggless version of it, replace 2 eggs with ½ cup fresh yogurt.
- To make your brownies fudgy and gooey, do not over bake them.
- Always use parchment paper to bake brownies. It helps to demould without making any mess.
- I prefer to use chocolate for real taste however you can use compound as well in case chocolate is not available.
- To bake these brownies in MW convection, bake at 150 °C for 20 minutes.