For over 3 decades I believed that Karachi Fruit Biscuits come straight from Karachi. I can see that smile on your face. But I am not only, but there are also many who thought so.
And when I realized that these come from Karachi Bakery in Hyderabad, I was laughing at my silliness.
The origin might be Hyderabad but the popularity of these biscuits is not just limited to Hyderabad. These melt-in-mouth Karachi Fruit biscuits are liked by people across the globe.
Hyderabadi Karachi Fruit Biscuits
Remember in my cookies without oven recipe, I told you that Amit tea is not complete if he does not eat cookies with tea. But after these famous Karachi Fruit Biscuits, he has literally stopped eating other cookies.
These cookies vanish quickly and for a quick resolution, I once ordered them through Amazon only to find no aroma and flavor that you will get in a freshly baked cookie.
So today along with my Cranberry Pistachio Cookies I will be baking at home these melt-in-the-mouth Karachi biscuits too. Just so you know, baked items lose their freshness, aroma, and taste with time. For cookies, the freshness stays only for 2-3 weeks.
MW Convection Temp
PS: Use conversion table to switch recipe between grams and cups.
Karachi Fruit Biscuits Recipe
The Karachi Biscuits recipe is a straightforward and quick recipe. The melt-in-mouth characteristic of these biscuits makes them irresistible.
Be careful with the quality of ingredients so these biscuits stay crunchy for a longer time.
You must decide the quantity you are going to bake and how long you would like to keep them for. Remember you can always freeze this cookie dough and make fresh cookies at a time of your choice.
How to make Karachi Fruit Biscuits
Mix the ingredients properly. Start adding dry ingredients with wet ingredients. Combine all the ingredients and make a dough.
Do not over-knead it.
Place a plastic wrap on your working counter and place the dough on it. Shape the dough into a log shape.
Wrap it well and keep it in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180 °C. Now take out the dough and cut it into ¼ inch thick slices.
Bake these cookies in a preheated oven for 12-15 minutes. Once done, keep baked cookies on a wired rack for some time.
Your cookies are ready to serve.
- In another bowl take butter, essence, milk, and sugar. Mix it well and you will get a creamy mixture.
- Start adding dry ingredients with wet ingredients. Using your hands just combine all the ingredients and make a dough. Don’t over knead it.
- Place a plastic wrap on your working counter and place the dough on it.
- Shape the dough into a log shape.
- Wrap it well and keep it in refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven at 180 °C. Now take out the dough ad cut it into ¼ inch thick slices.
- Bake these cookies in a preheated oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Once done, keep baked cookies on a wired rack for some time. Your cookies are ready to serve.
- Skip Salt if you are using salted butter.
- Cookies expand during baking. Always place them by leaving some gap in between.
- The butter should be cold otherwise recipe will not work.
- If you are baking cookies in summer or hot weather then add milk later on as per requirement.