My apologies to all those who have been continuously asking me for a chocolate cake eggless recipe. Finally, I am here, with my no-fail, eggless whole wheat chocolate cake recipe.
Interesting Fact: In 2012 the average chocolate per capita for an average Swiss citizen was 11.9kg. That’s almost eating 250 chocolates in one year.
If you were looking for an eggless chocolate cake recipe for a birthday, this recipe is for you.
I have been making youtube video recipes and Garv has been watching me doing so. Kids generally copy their parents and finally, he did the complete video recipe for this chocolate ganache layer cake. Trust me this generation of kids is brilliant. He only took 10 minutes and grasped everything. Scroll down and watch my junior master chef making his first video recipe. I wonder if he is one of the youngest YouTuber chefs.
Like mother like son, he is just too fond of chocolates. If you also like chocolate cakes, don’t miss the following recipes:
I have curated the list of recommended tools and ingredients for baking. I recommend only tried and tested products that have given satisfactory results in my kitchen.
If you bake this recipe, please share a picture with me on my Instagram using #bakewithsonia
Moist Chocolate Cake Recipe
For this easy chocolate ganache cake, we have used whole wheat. Whole wheat will keep the chocolate healthier than an all-purpose flour cake.
The recipe was so very liked by food blogger and Food write Jayashree Trao from evergreendishes.com that she featured the recipe in her Mega Diwali Collection post
Let’s make the Chocolate Cake recipe easy for you
To prepare chocolate ganache filling for cake, in a pan take fresh cream and butter. Bring it to boil. Turn off the flame and add chopped dark chocolate and honey to it. Stir it until chocolate dissolves.
Chocolate ganache is ready.
Transfer the ganache to a bowl and let it cool completely.
Sift all the dry ingredients like whole wheat flour, Cocoa powder, Baking powder, Baking soda, salt and coffee powder together. Mix all the dry ingredients into wet ingredients to make a smooth batter.
Once you get a smooth batter, add Vinegar and chopped dark chocolate to it. Fold it well into the batter. Meanwhile, preheat the Oven at 180 °C for 10 minutes.
Take a greased baking tin (8 inches). You can line the tin with butter paper as well. It will help you to de-mould the cake after baking without creating any mess. Pour the prepared batter into the tin and tap it on the counter.
Bake the cake at 180 °C for 25 to 30 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test. Once baked, take the tin out from oven and de-mold the cake. Place it on a wired rack an allow it to cool.
Pour the Prepared ganache on top of the baked cake. Spread it gently and sprinkle some grated dark chocolate on top.
Our Eggless Triple chocolate whole wheat cake is ready to serve. Slice it and enjoy it.
Watch little chef making Chocolate Cake
Buy Tools and Ingredients used in this recipe
- 200 gm Whole Wheat Flour
- 100 gm Sugar
- 20 gm Cocoa Powder Unsweetened
- 30 gm Dark Chocolate Chopped
- 1 tsp Coffee powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 80 ml Oil
- 250 ml Milk
- 1 tsp Chocolate Essence
- 1 tbs Vinegar White
- 125 gm Dark Chocolate Lindt
- 60 gm Fresh Cream
- 1 tsp Butter
- 1 tbs Honey
- Grated Chocolate Optional
- Once you get smooth batter, add Vinegar and chopped dark chocolate. Fold it into the batter.
- Meanwhile preheat the Oven at 180 °C for 10 minutes.
- Pour the prepared batter into a greased tin and tap it on counter.
- Bake the cake at 180 °C for 25 to 30 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test.
- Once baked, take the tin out from oven and de-mould the cake.
- Pour the Prepared ganache on top of the baked cake. Spread it gently and sprinkle some grated dark chocolate on top.
- Our Eggless Triple chocolate whole wheat cake is ready to serve. Slice it and enjoy it.
- The batter for cake should be of pouring consistency. If you feel your batter is thick, add little milk accordingly.
- Sifting the flour is very important. Don’t skip this step.
- Preheating the Oven is important for even baking
- To bake this cake on gas stove, in a pressure cooker put salt and place a stand of it. Now keep the baking mould on that stand and close the lid (remove whistle and gaskit). Bake it on medium flame for 20 minutes.
- To bake this cake convection Microwave, bake at 160 °C for 20 minutes.
- Pour the ganache when cake is warm.