Candied fruit cookies are popularly known as tutti frutti cookies in India. These cookies are my childhood love. During those days, the fun was in picking tutti frutti from the cookies and saving it for the end.
This love for candied cookies never ended actually and here I am with the most popular tutti frutti cookies recipe.
Amit, my better half, is too adventures. He is crazy about long road trips. His punch line
Whether I like it or not but we have covered the length and breadth of India in our car. He continues to fancy about more trip and now planning to drive down to Bangkok. Hope he finds some partner for his road trip because I am certainly not in for this craziness.
By making these long trips, I have learned a few things. One of them is to always carry some homemade snacks that have a longer shelf life. You certainly do not know what’s comes up during your travel.
I prefer carrying cookies and cakes during those endless road trips.
Eggless Tutti Frutti Cookies
Last month we traveled to Gurgaon via road to celebrate Diwali with family. My in-laws and my parents do not eat sweet cookies, because of health reason. Hence made Savory Cumin Cookies for them.
For in between snacking during the road trip, I, along with these tutti frutti cookies, made
As usual, these tutti frutti cookies are eggless.
I have curated the list of recommended tools and ingredients for baking. I recommend only tried and tested products that have given satisfactory results in my kitchen.
If you bake this recipe, please share a picture with me on my Instagram using #bakewithsonia
Want to get growing?
Starting and growing a business can be hard, and sometimes you might feel stuck. Our weekly newsletter gets delivered to over 30,000 people each week to help them grow. We'd love to help you, too. Subscribe now, it's free.
We respect your privacy and promise to only send you the freshest baking news. No spam, ever. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Let’s make Tutti Frutti Cookies
Tip: Use only cold butter if you want your cookies to be crispy.
Add tutti-frutti and mix it with flour.
If required add 1 tbs of cold milk at a time and prepare a dough. Don’t over knead it as it can result in soft and chewy cookies. For this recipe, I have used 2 tbs of milk.
Tip: Always use measuring tools and use "spooned and leveled" method to measure accurately.
Shape the dough into a log and cover it with cling wrap. Let it rest in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes. This will help butter to solidify and make easy for you to handle the dough.
Tip: Let the dough rest in the refrigerator, it will avoid the cookies to expand immediately and helps to intact the shape of cookies.
Keep the oven for preheating at 160 °C. Meanwhile, take the dough out from the refrigerator and slice it into ½ inch in thickness. All the cookies should be of the same thickness and size. It helps in even baking.
Line a baking tray with parchment paper or you can simply grease it with butter. Arrange all the sliced cookies on the tray by leaving some space in between.
Bake these cookies in a preheated oven at 160 °C for 15 minutes or until the edges turn golden. Temperature and time can vary from oven to oven.
Once baked, take the tray out and place all the baked cookies on a wired rack.
Let the cookies cool completely and then store them in an airtight container.
Eggless Candied Fruit Cookies
- In a bowl take all-purpose flour, sugar and baking powder.
- Add butter to it and using finger tips, mix the butter with dry ingredients.
- Add tutti frutti and mix it with flour.
- Add 1 tbs of cold milk at a time and prepare the dough.
- Shape the dough into a log and cover it with cling wrap.
- Let it rest in refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Keep the oven for preheating at 160 °C.
- Meanwhile take the dough out from refrigerator and slice it.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and arrange all the sliced cookies on the tray by leaving some space in between.
- Bake these cookies in a preheated oven at 160 °C for 15-18 minutes or until the edges turn golden.
- Once baked, take out the cookies from oven.
- Transfer the cookies on a wired rack and let them rest.
- Tutti frutti cookies are ready to serve.
- Only use cold butter if you want your cookies to be crunchy.
- Do not over knead the dough.
- Add milk (1 tablespoon at a time) only if required.
- After kneading, resting the dough in refrigerator is very important. It avoids the spreading of cookies while baking.
- You can add chopped nuts instead of tutti frutti. Choice of nuts is completely yours.
- After baking, let the cookies cool completely and then store in an airtight container.
- In case you don’t have vanilla essence, you can use pineapple essence or rose essence as well.