Looking for cupcake recipe from scratch? Try these moist red velvet cupcake recipe. The gorgeous red color makes it a treat for eyes and a perfect cupcake for your romantic dates during Valentine.
|Another Valentine Special Cake: Death by Chocolate
These eggless homemade red velvet cupcakes are my favorite. This super moist red velvet cupcake recipe is topped with cream cheese frosting. The slight hint of chocolate creates a buzz for kids of all ages.
Make these homemade red velvet cupcake recipe with cream cheese frosting and become a superstar in your next get-together. Game?
Let’s make the delicious red velvet cupcake
PS: Use Conversion Table to convert cups into grams and vice versa
I have curated the list of recommended tools and ingredients for baking. I recommend only tried and tested products that have given satisfactory results in my kitchen.
If you bake this recipe, please share a picture with me on my Instagram using #bakewithsonia
To make Cupcake
Preheat the oven to 180 °C for 10 minutes.
In another bowl take milk. Add vinegar to it and keep it aside for 5 minutes. The milk will curdle during this resting time and results in buttermilk. Add the good quality of food grade edible color to the buttermilk.
Whisk buttermilk, melted butter, and vanilla essence well. Now start adding dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
Prepare a smooth and lumps free batter. Pour the batter into muffin molds.
Bake these muffins at 180 °C for 15 minutes in a preheated oven or until the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Once baked, take these muffins out and let them cool.
|Recommended Recipe: Mango Semolina Muffins
For Cream Cheese Frosting
In an electric mixer beat the cream cheese until smooth. Start adding powdered sugar and cream it after every addition of sugar. Add vanilla extract and cream again. Continue to add sugar and creaming it until you get pearly sheen and gooey but separable consistency.
Fill it into a piping bag and use any nozzle for the frosting.
Your Red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting are ready to serve.
Buy Tools and Ingredients used in this recipe
- Preheat the oven at 180 °C for 10 minutes.
- Mix the milk with vinegar and keep aside for 5 minutes. The milk will curdle to form buttermilk. Now add color to this mix.
- Separately whisk the wet ingredients - prepared buttermilk, melted butter and vanilla essence.
- Add it to the dry ingredients and mix well with a spatula or with electric beater till there are no lumps.
- Now pour the batter in a cupcake mould and bake at 180 °C for about 15 minutes or until done.
- Remove and cool.
- Red food colouring will stain your hands, clothes and mouth, so use caution when handling.
- You must use a brand of heavy cream that whips very easily to stiff peaks.
- If the cream you are using don’t form the stiff peaks easily, whip the cream separately till it forms the stiff peaks and then fold with cream cheese.