There were days when I used to struggle with what to do with leftover bananas. But now all I wait to have some over-ripe bananas so that I can bake Banana Walnut Muffins.
Best Banana Walnut Muffins Recipe
My love for banana-based muffins started with my Banana Choco Chip Muffins and Chocolate Banana Cake. And since then, I cherish the overripe bananas as they lead to either a new recipe or a repeat of my older recipes. That’s the beauty of being a baker which I thoroughly enjoy.
PS: If you are a beginner and need advice on the oven that you need to buy for baking then click here.
The soft and moist crumb with crunchy walnuts and chocolate chips makes these Banana Walnut Muffins absolutely delicious. The best thing about this recipe is the usage of paper cups in which I have baked the muffins. It makes it easy to pack for kid’s tiffin.
Click here to watch the full video recipeBut if you are like me who like to read step-by-step process then continue reading.
To bake this easy banana walnut muffins recipe, I already had few over-ripe bananas. However, in case you are making these muffins with regular bananas then you might have to adjust the amount of milk and sugar in the recipe.
I have lost the count for how many times I have baked these banana muffins with walnuts. The only thing I always get is lots of appreciation and love. That makes this recipe close to my heart.
Now without taking much time, let’s start the recipe.
|Oven Temp||180 °C|
|Baking Time||25 min|
|MW Convection Temp||160 °C|
|Baking Time||25 min|
|Cooling Time||10 min|
PS: Use conversion table to switch recipe between grams and cups
Join my Facebook Community of 88K bakers across the worldLive shows, recipes, learn from each other and a lot of other exciting things that will keep you hooked. Join now and meet me inside the community.
How to Make Banana Walnut Muffins
In a bowl take 170 gm overripe bananas. Using a fork or a potato masher, mash these into a fine paste. Add 100 gm brown sugar and 60 ml of any unflavored oil to the mashed bananas. The purpose of adding brown sugar is to enhance the flavor as well as the color of the bake.
Keep whisking the sugar until it dissolves completely. Add ½ tsp of the essence. I have used cinnamon butter flavor from Ossoro. Few combinations are simply unbeatable. Banana, walnuts, and cinnamon is one such combination.
Sifting not only helps to aerate the flour but also helps to remove the unwanted particles. So do not skip this step.
Mix dry and wet ingredients. Now start adding milk in portions and continue to whisk until everything combines well. In total, I have used 100 ml of milk. The amount of milk can vary depending upon your flour quality so adjust it accordingly.
Here I have used disposable “use and throw” Muffin cups. Fill each muffin cup up to 3/4th. Our muffins are ready to go inside the oven. Bake these in a preheated oven at 180 C for 25 minutes.
After 25 minutes, the muffins are out of the oven. Perform the toothpick test to check the doneness.
A clean toothpick means muffins are baked.
Now try this recipe and share your feedback with me. If you are going to post the pictures of the bake on Facebook or Instagram, do not miss tagging me. I would love to see your bakes.
Baking a picture perfect cake is everybody’s desire. And if you are a baking enthusiastic and trying to figure out where to start from then you must start with our 30 Days Baking Challenge Online Course.
This course does not just teach you recipes, rather it teaches you the science behind baking. This is a perfect way for a beginner to start learning and gain confidence in their baking.
You can also master the art of baking in just 30 days. Click here to know more.
Let me know your experience with the recipe in the comment box below. I will try to respond back as much as possible.
For Recommended Tools and Ingredients visit my Amazon Shop Page.
- In a bowl take 170 gm overripe bananas. Using a fork or potato masher, mash them.
- Add 100 gm brown sugar and 60 ml of any unflavoured oil.
- Keep whisking until sugar dissolves completely.
- Add ½ tsp of essence and mix.
- Take a sifter and add all the dry ingredients into it. Sieve everything.
- Mix dry and wet ingredients. Keep adding milk in-between.
- The batter should be thick so adjust the consistency accordingly.
- Pour the prepared batter into muffin molds up to 3/4th.
- Bake them in a preheated oven at 180 °C for 25 minutes.
- Once baked, take the muffins out from the oven and serve them.
- Every ingredient in the recipe and its quantity has its own significance. Do not alter them.
- This recipe is a tried and tested recipe. Substitute the ingredient/s only at your own risk.
- You can adjust the servings of this recipe in the “Recipe Card” and all the ingredients and their measurement will automatically adjust.
- This recipe tastes best if made with over-ripe bananas.