In today’s Paan Cake Recipe we are going to fuse an ages-old flavor of Paan in a Cake. Paan is a popular mouth freshener but who has imagined that someday someone will make a paan cake using it. When I heard about this unique flavor in cakes, I was all tempted to try it and experience it.
Paan is incomplete without gulkand. Gulkand is a sweet preserve of rose petals. The name Gulkand is a combination of Persian and Arabic words, Gul (Rose) and Kand (Sweet). So our today’s cake is not just going to be a paan cake, instead, it is going to be a paan gulkand cake.
To my surprise, the results were far better than my expectations. I was barely able to keep a small portion for myself, the entire cake was robbed by our neighbours. So today I am going to share my proven recipe of awesome Eggless Paan cake with you all.
Eggless Paan Cake Recipe
Fusion cakes have become popular in recent times. I have done Orange Carrot Pastry Cake, which is another amazing fusion cake on my blog, but I think I will now create a few more fusion cakes to delight you all.
Though this cake was loved by everybody who tasted it, the best comment I got was from one of Amit friends. He said that he never thought that such a cake can be done and this paan cake has been by are large one of the best cake he has ever tasted.
Click here to watch the full video recipe
But if you are like me who like to read step-by-step process then continue reading.
Without further delay, let’s get started!
6” cake tin
MW Convection Temp
PS: Use conversion table to switch recipe between grams and cups
Indian Paan Cake Recipe
To make a paan solution for paan cake, add 4-5 leaves of betel with 50 ml water in a mixer jar and grind it. Strain it to get the extract. This is how I have prepared this paan solution which I will be using to make the Paan cake.
To prepare the batter, in a bowl take 60 gm curd, 80 gm sugar, and 60 ml oil. Start whisking it until sugar dissolves completely. Add 4-5 drops of Ossoro Paan flavour and continue to whisk.
To enhance the flavour of my cake, I have added 1 tbsp gulkand. I would suggest you not skip this ingredient.
Start adding prepared paan solution and continue to mix dry and wet ingredients.Look at the beautiful green color of the cake batter. Add 50 ml milk to the batter to adjust the consistency.
The batter is ready. To bake this cake, I have used 6 inches cake tin which I have lined with parchment paper. Pour the prepared batter into the tin and tap it on the counter. To make the cake beautiful, Sprinkle some sweet supari mixture and tap it once.Now, bake it in a preheated oven at 180 °C for 25 minutes.
After 25 minutes, do the toothpick test. If the toothpick comes out clean, it means the cake is ready. Take the cake out from the oven and let it rest in the tin only for 5 minutes.
After 5 minutes, unmould the cake on a wired rack and let it rest until it comes to room temperature.
Slice it and serve it. Look how delicious it is looking.
Now try this recipe and share your feedback. Till then happy baking!
Baking a picture perfect cake is everybody’s desire. And if you are a baking enthusiastic and trying to figure out where to start from then you must start with our 30 Days Baking Challenge Online Course.
This course does not just teach you recipes, rather it teaches you the science behind baking. This is a perfect way for a beginner to start learning and gain confidence in their baking.
You can also master the art of baking in just 30 days. Click here to know more.
Let me know your experience with the recipe in the comment box below. I will try to respond back as much as possible.
For Recommended Tools and Ingredients visit my Amazon Shop Page.
- Make paan solution by grinding betel leaves with some water and then strain it. Add2 drops of green colour to get the bright green colour.
- In a mixing bowl take curd, sugar and oil. Whisk until sugar dissolves.
- Addossoro’s Paan flavour and mix it.
- Add1 tablespoon of Gulkand to enhance the flavour.
- Using a sifter, sieve flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into wet ingredients.
- Start mixing dry and wet ingredients.
- Add prepared paan solution and milk to make the batter.
- Pour the prepared batter into a 6 inches cake tin.
- Sprinkle some sweet supari and tap the tin on counter.
- Bake it in a pre-heated oven at 180 C for 25 min.
- After25 minutes, take the cake out from the oven and unmould it.
- Let it cool down. Slice and serve.
- Every ingredient in the recipe and its quantity has its significance. Do not alter them.
- This recipe is a tried and tested recipe. Substitute the ingredient/s only at your own risk.
- You can adjust the servings of this recipe in the “Recipe Card” and all the ingredients and their measurement will automatically adjust.