The baked donut recipe is a healthier option than fried donuts. Homemade Eggless Baked Donuts are not only tastier, but they also give you complete flexibility on the ingredients selection, flavors, and frostings. This ensures you make a healthier version of this all-time kids' favorite recipe.
If you are into bread baking, then making donuts at home is just a cakewalk for you. In my blog, I have also shared the recipe for Beignets which is a kind of French donut. I am sure once you try this Baked donut recipe, it will get added to your list of favorites.
More About Donuts
Fried Donuts is one of the most loved desserts across the globe. Made with leavened dough, deep-fried, and coated with powdered sugar or chocolate ganache and sprinkles, this dessert is definitely a mood lifter.
Interesting Information on Donuts
- They were initially named oily cakes by the Americans considering the fact that the dough was deep-fried in oil.
- Donuts was introduced by a Dutch Gentleman to the Americans
- The hole at the center of a donut was introduced by Hanson Gregory
Doughnuts are categorized into various types. You can also add different types of fillings and glaze them with different flavors.
Donuts and waffles are so delectable that no one can say a no to this wonderful dessert.
MW Convection Temp
PS: Use the conversion table to switch recipes between grams and cups.
Let’s start our Baked Eggless Donut recipe.
To make our Baked donut recipe with yeast , In a bowl add flour, sugar, salt, instant yeast and mix everything.
Here I have used instant yeast so there is no need to activate it separately but if you're using active dry yeast, you should activate it first and then proceed. The method to activate the yeast is provided in the latest recipe of Baked Kulcha.
Now, add warm milk, melted butter, and vanilla extract, and mix all the ingredients well. Knead the dough by adding water. The dough should be soft and non-sticky. If the dough sticks to your hands, dust lightly with flour and then continue to knead until it’s no longer sticking to the sides of the bowl.
Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let the dough rest for 40 min at room temperature or until it doubles in size. This is an important step in our baked donut recipe.
For me, the proofing time was 40 min. After 40 min, remove the cling wrap and punch the dough to knock out the air. Gently Release dough from all the sides of the bowl.
As the next step for our eggless baked donut recipe, remove the dough onto a floured surface. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out to just 1/2” thick sheet.
Using a 2 1/2 inch round cookie cutter or a donut cutter, make a hole at the center of the donut to give it a shape. Re-roll the scraped dough to make more donuts. Repeat the process till you have no dough left.
Line a baking tray and place the Donuts on them. Cover them with a clean kitchen towel and let the dough rise for another 20 min at room temperature.
Once the dough has doubled in size, brush them with milk. Preheat an oven to 200°C.Place the tray in the oven and bake them at 200 C for 20 minutes. Keep an eye on the oven while it's baking.
Want to get growing?
Starting and growing a business can be hard, and sometimes you might feel stuck. Our weekly newsletter gets delivered to over 30,000 people each week to help them grow. We'd love to help you, too. Subscribe now, it's free.
We respect your privacy and promise to only send you the freshest baking news. No spam, ever. You can unsubscribe at any time.
The dough contains a significant amount of sugar, which might result in a black crust. Reduce the temperature by 20 degrees Celsius to avoid burning.
Once baked, take the donuts out of the oven. Place these on the wire rack to completely cool. If you want to glaze the baked donuts with chocolate, let them cool, and in the meanwhile melt the chocolate in.
Simply dip each doughnut in chocolate and set it on a wire rack to cool. Serve with the chocolate sprinkler on top.
To make a sugar-coated baked donut recipe, brush the hot donuts with melted butter all over. Roll the butter-coated donuts in a bowl of sugar, to coat them lightly with sugar.
The baked donuts are ready to be served. These taste best if consumed within 2 days.
Now try the recipe and share the feedback with me via comments.
Baking a picture-perfect cake is everybody’s desire. And if you are a baking enthusiastic and trying to figure out where to start, then you can check our specially designed courses for you.
Let me know your experience with the recipe in the comment box below. I will try to respond back as much as possible.
For Recommended Tools and Ingredients visit my Amazon Shop Page.
- In a bowl add flour, sugar, salt, and instant yeast. Mix all ingredients well.
- Add approximately 160ml of warm milk, 50 gms of melted butter and vanilla extract.
- Mix them well, with other ingredients and gently add water to knead the dough.
- Ensure you knead a non sticky dough, if the dough is sticky dust little flour and knead it again. Dough should not stick to your hands and sides of the bowl.
- Cover the bowl with a cling wrap and let the dough rest for 40 mins. This is the proofing time.
- After approximately 40 mins the dough doubles in size.
- Remove the cling wrap and punch the dough to remove the excess air.
- Using a rolling pin, roll the dough into circular shapes of half-inch thickness.
- Using a cookie cutter or donut cutter, cut a 2 ½ inch circle at the centre. Repeat the entire process till all the dough is shaped.
- Place the shaped dough into a lined tray and cover it with a kitchen towel. Leave it for another 20 mins for the shaped donuts to double.
- Preheat the oven at 200°C for 20 minutes.
- After 20 mins, brush the donut dough with milk.
- Place the tray in the oven and bake it at 200°C for 20 mins. As the dough contains sugar, keep an eye on the donuts as the crust might brown quickly.
- If you notice this, lower the temperature by 20°C and continue baking.
- After the donuts are baked, remove them on a wire rack and allow them to cool.
- For Chocolate coating on Donuts, Melt chocolate and Dip the donuts in chocolate, coat them and allow them to cool on a wire rack.
- For Sugar-coated Donuts, Apply a layer of hot melted butter on the donuts and then dip them in a plate of powdered sugar. Ensure the coats are well on the entire donut surface.
- Mouth watering donuts are ready to serve.