Tangy Oats Breakfast muffins, though the name talks a lot, however, let me share few details about the recipe. In today’s busy life we often struggle with meal planning and especially when we want to serve something different and something healthy, this becomes more challenging. Isn’t it?
My recipe for savoury muffins always comes to my rescue. Not only this fills the tummy but has all the required nutrition to quick start the day on a healthy note.
And just like these savory oats breakfast muffins, I have recipe of Savoury rolls which is again a perfect option for an exotic breakfast.
There is nothing better than starting your day with a healthy breakfast muffin and stay light.
Tangy Oats Breakfast Muffins
These Tangy oats Breakfast muffins fulfil all the requirements. The recipe is so quick and easy, even kids can bake these muffins.
And that is why I call these muffins to be Kid’s friendly Muffins Recipe.
The ingredient list for these muffins is not at all lengthy. All you need easily available ingredients. This is one bowl recipe so no sifting, no whisking but all it requires mixing and baking.
Without further delay, let’s get started!
|Tin Size||Large Muffin Tray|
|Oven Temp||180 °C|
|Baking Time||20 min|
|MW Convection Temp||160 °C|
|Baking Time||20 min|
|Demold Instructions||5 min|
|Cooling Time||10 min|
PS: Use conversion table to switch recipe between grams and cups
Eggless Healthy Breakfast Muffins Recipe
Add 200 ml buttermilk, 2 tbsp unroasted semolina and 70 gm oats.
To increase the nutritional value of the muffins here I am adding 60 gm sautéed onion, 2 tbsp boiled peas and 1 tbs finely chopped carrot.
The choice of vegetables is completely upto you. You can add or skip any vegetable as per your taste.
Mix everything. And let the mixture rest for 10 minutes. This 10 minutes resting time will let the oats and semolina soak the moisture.
After 10 minutes of resting, let’s check the consistency of the batter. The batter should be thick, just like any regular muffin batter.
Now time to add flavors and leaving agents.
I got home style masala mix and Tangy tomato flavors along with the oats so I will be using ½ tbsp of each of the flavor.
You may like to increase or decrease the seasoning amount as per your taste.
Fill each muffin mold up to 3/4th as muffins will rise further in the oven. Tap the tray on counter.
Let’s bake these in a preheated oven at 180 °C for 20 min.
After 20 minutes of baking, here are our Tangy oats muffins out from the oven.
Do the toothpick test. Clean toothpick means, muffins are perfectly baked.
Let the muffins rest in the tray for 5-10 min and then unmold these.
Now try this recipe and share your feedback. Till then happy baking!
Baking a picture perfect cake is everybody’s desire. And if you are a baking enthusiastic and trying to figure out where to start from then you must start with our 30 Days Baking Challenge Online Course.
This course does not just teach you recipes, rather it teaches you the science behind baking. This is a perfect way for a beginner to start learning and gain confidence in their baking.
You can also master the art of baking in just 30 days. Click here to know more.
Let me know your experience with the recipe in the comment box below. I will try to respond back as much as possible.
Watch the Full Video
For Recommended Tools and Ingredients visit my Amazon Shop Page.
- Add 200 ml buttermilk, 2tbsp semolina, and 70 gm oats.
- Add 60 gm sautéed onion, 2tbsp boiled peas, and 1 tbsp finely chopped carrot.
- Now add 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Mix everything and let the mixture rest for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes of resting, check the consistency of the batter.
- Now add ½ tbsp of home-style masala mix and ½ tbsp tangy tomato flavors.
- Mix everything and the batter is ready.
- Fill each muffin mold with prepared batter up to 3/4th.
- Bake these in a preheated oven at 180 C for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes of baking, do the toothpick test.
- Let the muffins rest in the mold for 5-10 minutes and then unmould to serve.
- Every ingredient in the recipe and its quantity has its own significance. Do not alter them.
- This recipe is a tried and tested recipe. Substitute the ingredient/s only at your own risk.
- You can adjust the servings of this recipe in the “Recipe Card” and all the ingredients and their measurement will automatically adjust.
- To make buttermilk, whisk 80 gm curd with 120 ml water. And the buttermilk is ready.