Baked Cajun Potatoes is one of the easiest appetizers that can make you showstopper in any get-together. With few easily available ingredients at home, you can make it any time of the day. For me, I don’t wait for any occasion to make this recipe. Just 30 minutes and your yummy and super delicious snack is ready to indulge into it.
Though I am making this recipe of Baked Cajun Potatoes at home for more than 2 years now it never came to my mind to put it on my blog until one of my friend who visited home and after tasting these Homemade Cajun potatoes said,” Is this recipe on your blog? I want to try this soon.”
Ahhhh!!!! Better late than never. So I thought to pen down the recipe immediately.
I really don’t know who invented this superb recipe but a few years back when I visited Barbeque Nation, I got a chance to taste this. Believe me that was like love at first sight. And after that, I tried to create the same version at home. Just to make it little healthier, instead of deep-frying I baked the potatoes. But there is no compromise with the taste and yet guilt-free.
All potato lovers, now you have one more reason to love potatoes. These crispy baked baby potatoes tossed in spices are a bomb. If you are looking for more such easy party snacking options then you may like to check
Want to get growing?
Starting and growing a business can be hard, and sometimes you might feel stuck. Our weekly newsletter gets delivered to over 30,000 people each week to help them grow. We'd love to help you, too. Subscribe now, it's free.
We respect your privacy and promise to only send you the freshest baking news. No spam, ever. You can unsubscribe at any time.
|MW Convection Temp
Baked Cajun Potato Recipe
The recipe starts with cooking the potatoes. Clean the baby potatoes to remove all the dust on them. Then parboil them. Make sure these are not overcooked or mushy. I prefer to cook them in a pressure cooker until one whistle.
After cooking, let them cool down and then using the pressure of your palm, crush them (to flatten them). Few people don’t like the skin so they can peel off the skin and then prepare the dish otherwise the peel adds a nice texture to these baby potatoes.
Meanwhile keep the oven for preheating at 200 °C.
Sprinkle some olive oil, salt and rice flour on these potatoes. Toss them well and then line on a baking tray. Bake these potatoes for 20 minutes at 200 °C. Rice flour will help to make the crust crispy. In case you don’t have rice flour, you can use corn-flour too.
Spicy Baked Cajun Potatoes
To make the sauce, in a bowl take mayonnaise, Tomato ketchup, chili sauce, mixed herbs, chili flakes, onion powder, garlic powder, and olive oil. Mix everything well. This will make the mildly spicy sauce but in case you love more spicy food, you can increase the amount of chili sauce.
The sauce will be thick at this stage. To make it of pouring consistency, add 3 tablespoons of milk to it and whisk it. Our Cajun sauce is ready. By this time our potatoes are also baked.
Place the baked baby potatoes in a serving tray or plate. Pour the prepared Cajun sauce over these. Garnish with some chopped onions and coriander. And our tempting appetizer is ready. Trust me you will stop eating those deep-fried Cajun potatoes once you try this version of Baked Cajun Potatoes.
Baking with Potatoes
Resources for Home Makers and Home Bakers:
Baked Cajun Potatoes
Love Cajun Potatoes but are mindful while eating them as they are deep-fried. Try my Baked Cajun Potatoes & you will never regret eating them again.
- Clean the baby potatoes to remove all the dust on them. Then parboil them.
- After cooking, let them cool down and then using the pressure of your palm, crush them.
- Meanwhile, keep the oven for preheating at 200 °C.
- Sprinkle some olive oil, salt and rice flour on these potatoes.
- Toss them well and then line on a baking tray.
- Bake these potatoes for 20 minutes at 200 °C.
- To make the sauce, in a bowl take mayonnaise, Tomato ketchup, chili sauce, mixed herbs, chili flakes, onion powder, garlic powder, olive oil. Mix everything well.
- Add 3 tablespoons of milk to it and whisk it. Our Cajun sauce is ready.
- Place these baked baby potatoes in a serving tray or plate. Pour the prepared Cajun sauce over these.
- Garnish with some chopped onions and coriander.
- This recipe is a tried and tested recipe. Substitute the ingredient/s only at your own risk.
- Every ingredient in the recipe and its quantity has its own significance. Do not alter them.
- You can adjust the servings of this recipe in the “Recipe Card” and all the ingredients and their measurement will automatically adjust.
- When using baby potatoes, try to select all potatoes of similar size as different size can alter the baking time.
- You can use cornflour in case you don’t have rice flour.
- You can use melted butter in same amount to replace olive oil.