Today’s recipe is Mississippi’s famous Chocolate Mud Cake. This cake is an absolute delight for chocolate lovers. Personally, I love this cake because of its texture. The texture of this famous Chocolate mud cake is exactly like its name.
The most important ingredient in this recipe is Chocolate. So the quality of the chocolate really matters here. I prefer my bakes with moderate sweetness and that is why I have used 55% chocolate. You can choose chocolate as per your taste but make sure you are using baking/cooking chocolate only.
Without wasting much time, let’s get started!
|Tin Size||6″ Round Tin|
|Oven Temp||180 °C|
|Baking Time||40 min|
|MW Convection Temp||160 °C|
|Baking Time||40 min|
|Demold Instructions||5 min|
|Cooling Time||10 min|
PS: Use conversion table to switch recipe between grams and cups
How to make a Chocolate Mud Cake
In a saucepan, take 180 ml water and 100 gm sugar. Start cooking it and keep stirring. When the sugar starts dissolving, add 110 gm butter. When the butter starts melting, add the coffee solution. Stir it.
Add 100 gm chopped chocolate and start whisking. The chocolate will start melting because of the heat. Continue to cook this solution on medium flame only else the chocolate can burn. Once the chocolate melts completely, add cocoa powder and whisk it. Now switch off the flame and let this mixture come to room temperature.
Now in a mixing bowl, take 125 gm all-purpose flour and ½ tsp baking soda. Start adding the prepared solution to the dry ingredients and continue to whisk. Make sure there should be no lumps or dry flour left.
Add 5-6 drops of Colombian coffee flavor and mix it into the batter. The batter is going to be runny so do not worry about that. Do not feel tempted to add extra flour.
Now pour the prepared batter into a 6 inches greased and lined tin. I prefer using parchment paper to line the tins as it makes unmoulding really easy. Tap the tin on the counter and now bake it in a preheated oven at 180 °C for 40 minutes.
After 40 minutes, take the tin out from the oven. Do not immediately unmould the cake. Let it rest for 5-10 minutes and then unmould else the cake can break.
And you are done with your best ever chocolate mud cake.
Slice the cake after 10 minutes of resting else it will stick to the knife while cutting. This cake tastes best when served warm.
Baking a picture perfect cake is everybody’s desire. And if you are a baking enthusiastic and trying to figure out where to start from then you must start with our 30 Days Baking Challenge Online Course.
This course does not just teach you recipes, rather it teaches you the science behind baking. This is a perfect way for a beginner to start learning and gain confidence in their baking.
You can also master the art of baking in just 30 days. Click here to know more.
Let me know your experience with the recipe in the comment box below. I will try to respond back as much as possible.
Chocolate Mud Cake Full Video Recipe
For Recommended Tools and Ingredients visit my Amazon Shop Page.
- Cook everything untildissolves.
- Let the solution come toroom temperature.
- In another bowl take flourand baking soda. Add prepared solution to it.
- Prepare a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into agreased tin and tap it on the counter.
- Bake it in a preheated ovenat 180 C for 40 minutes.
- After 40minutes, take the tin out from the oven.
- Let it rest for 5 minutesand then unmould.
- This cake tastes best whenserved warm.
- Every ingredient in the recipe and its quantity has its significance. Do not alter them.
- This recipe is a tried and tested recipe. Substitute the ingredient/s only at your own risk.
- You can adjust the servings of this recipe in the “Recipe Card” and all the ingredients and their measurement will automatically adjust.
- To buy our recommended baking tool and ingredients, please visit, our Shop of recommended baking products.