This recipe is special to me and the reason is more emotional. Today my blog turns two. And I am celebrating my blog 2nd birthday today. And to celebrate this happy moment, I baked something healthy without compromising with the taste.
I was in two minds to make a new version of Death by chocolate cake but then the family wanted me to stand strong on the healthier side on this very special day. And I have always been a big fan of Semolina when it comes to baking healthy cakes. Remember my super hit Chocolate Semolina Cake, I still get so many messages and compliments on that recipe.
Few other popular Semolina recipes:
And how can I forget mentioning my unique experimental Sambhar Masala Semolina bread recipe? Try it and you will be surprised.
And to celebrate this day, I bought a new ring cake pan to make this special sweet eggless semolina cake. The pan should also feel honored to be inaugurated on a special day. ROFL.
Now it’s time to bake this eggless semolina cake. Let’s get into the pantry, collect ingredients and make an eggless Iyenger style vanilla cake with tutti frutti.
|Tin Size||3” deep and 9” wide Ring Pan|
|Oven Temp||160 °C|
|Baking Time||35 minutes|
|MW Convection Temp||150 °C|
|Baking Time||35 minutes|
|Demold Instructions||5 minutes after Baking|
|Cooling Time||Till room temp|
I have curated the list of recommended tools and ingredients for baking. I recommend only tried and tested products that have given satisfactory results in my kitchen.
If you bake this recipe, please share a picture with me on my Instagram using #bakewithsonia
Eggless Semolina Cake Recipe
In a mixing bowl mix condensed milk, oil, vanilla extract, and sugar. Add 150 ml of milk and stir it.
In another bowl take fine semolina, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix everything. Now start adding dry ingredient into wet ingredients in portions. Keep mixing to avoid lumps. Finally, add tutti-frutti to the batter.
PS: Use the conversion table to switch between grams and cups
The batter should be smooth and of pouring consistency. To attain that consistency, add the leftover milk and mix. Rest the batter for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, keep your oven for preheating at 160 °C. Grease the baking tin with butter and pour the batter into it. Tap the pan on counter once and keep the pan on middle rack of preheated oven.
Note: You can bake the same cake o gas stove as well. To check the procedure for baking on gas stove please refer to my recipe of Eggless Pineapple upside down cake.
Bake the cake at 160 °C for 35 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test. Every oven behaves differently so adjust the temperature and time according to your oven. For me, it took 35 minutes to bake completely. Once baked, take the cake pan out from oven and let it rest for 5 minutes.
After 5 minutes, de-mold the cake. You can garnish the cake with some icing sugar or whipped cream. I prefer to have it with some sprinkled sugar on top of it.
This rava cake is healthy as it has no All-purpose flour. It’s super soft and moist. It was an immediate hit in my family. The picture says all about its texture and taste.
Buy Tools and Ingredients used in this recipe
[amazon_link asins=’B06ZYNH1P9,B00LJRLYVW,B013B2WGT6,B06XJ26TYW,B074N3TH6S’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’sonlicious-21′ marketplace=’IN’ link_id=’f0c71f99-73b0-11e8-9295-1f07f80386d0′]
- In a mixing bowl mix condensed milk, oil, vanilla extract, and sugar. Add 150 ml of milk and stir it.
- In another bowl take fine semolina, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix everything.
- Now start adding dry ingredient into wet ingredients in portions. Keep mixing to avoid lumps.
- Finally, add tutti-frutti to the batter.
- Add the leftover milk and mix. Keep the batter aside for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, keep your oven for preheating at 160 °C.
- Pour the batter into a greased pan and bake in preheated oven at 160 °C for 35 minutes.
- After 35 minutes, take the baked cake out from oven and rest it for 5 minutes.
- Now de-mold the cake.
- Slice and serve.
- Use fine unroasted semolina for this cake.
- For flavor, you can replace vanilla extract with any other flavor as well.
- Amount of milk can vary. If you feel the batter is thick, add milk accordingly.
- This is tried and tested recipe and I don’t have any substitute for an ingredient.