Are you looking for the best eggless chocolate cake recipe? Then your search will end here. I have the most amazing, super delicious, and simple chocolate cake recipe to share with you.
Now you can bake this fuss-free cake for any occasion or celebration at your home. I made this simple chocolate cake with frosting on my husband’s birthday. This chocolate cake was an immediate hit among all the guests.
All they said was
This is the best chocolate cake they ever had
Click here to watch the full video recipe
But if you are like me who like to read step-by-step process then continue reading.
Simple Chocolate Cake
I have many recipes for chocolate cake on my blog, and each one is different from the other.
And for the healthy cake lovers, I have my whole wheat chocolate cake recipe.
If you are a chocolate lover, you should try all these cake recipes for sure.
Let’s start the recipe!
MW Convection Temp
PS: Use conversion table to switch recipe between grams and cups.
Simple Chocolate Cake Recipe
In a mixing bowl take oil, sugar, and hot boiling water. Start whisking everything until sugar dissolves. Hot water will help to dissolve the sugar as well as emulsify the oil.
Once sugar dissolves, add 2 tablespoons of curd to it. The curd should not be runny else it will change the consistency of the entire batter. Add it and whisk again.
Take a sifter. Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and baking powder to it. Sieve all the dry ingredients into the bowl of wet ingredients.
Sifting will help to remove the lumps from the cocoa powder and it will aerate the flour as well. Do not skip this step otherwise your chocolate cake is not going to be soft and spongy.
Mix dry ingredients into the wet ingredients using a whisker or spatula. All we need is to mix the ingredients well so there is no dry flour left.
To adjust the consistency of the batter, add 50 ml milk to it. The amount of milk may vary depending on:
- the consistency of the curd
- and absorption capacity of your flour.
You need the batter of pouring consistency so add milk accordingly.
To enhance the flavor, add ½ tsp of vanilla flavor. You could also add coffee flavor or chocolate flavor. But vanilla makes it better.
Give a quick mix and the batter is ready.
Pour the prepared batter into 8 inches greased baking tin. Tap the tin on the counter to remove the extra air bubbles from the batter.
Bake it in a pre-heated oven at 180 °C for 30 minutes.
After 30 minutes of baking, take the cake out from the oven. Let the cake rest in the tin for 5 minutes.
After 5 min of resting, unmold the cake on the wired rack and let it rest until it comes to room temperature. Meanwhile, prepare the chocolate ganache for frosting the cake.
To prepare the frosting, take 75 gm fresh cream in a saucepan. Let it cook on medium flame. The moment the cream starts boiling, switch off the flame and add chopped chocolate to it.
The heat of the cream will be enough to melt the chocolate. Keep stirring the mixture. In-between add butter and continue to mix until chocolate melts completely.
The chocolate frosting is now ready. Pour it on our moist chocolate cake. Using a butter knife or palette knife, spread it evenly. Now let it rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Our simple chocolate cake with frosting is ready to serve. Look at the texture of the cake.
I am sure you are all tempted to bake this amazing cake now.
Now try this recipe and share your feedback. Till then happy baking!
A detailed guide to Kitchen Cleaning Tools
Baking a picture perfect cake is everybody’s desire. And if you are a baking enthusiastic and trying to figure out where to start from, then you can check our specially designed courses for you.
Let me know your experience with the recipe in the comment box below. I will try to respond back as much as possible.
For Recommended Tools and Ingredients visit my Amazon Shop Page.
For Cake Batter
- In a mixing bowl take oil, sugar and hot boiling water. Start whisking everything until sugar dissolves.
- Once sugar dissolves, add 2 tablespoon curd to it and mix.
- Take a sifter and add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder to it.
- Sieve all the dry ingredients directly into the bowl of wet Ingredients.
- Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients using a whisker or spatula.
- To adjust the consistency of the batter, add 50 ml milk to it.
- To enhance the flavour, add ½ tsp vanilla flavour. Mix it and the batter is ready.
- Pour the prepared batter into an 8 inches greased baking tin.
- Bake it in a preheated oven at 180 °C for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes of baking, take the cake out from the oven and let it rest in the tin for 5 min.
- Unmould the cake on the wired rack and let it rest until it comes to room temperature.
- Meanwhile prepare the frosting.
- To prepare the frosting, in a sauce pan, take 75 gm fresh cream. Let it cook on medium flame.
- The moment it starts boiling, switch off the flame and add chopped chocolate to it.
- In between add butter and continue to mix until chocolate melts completely.
- Pour it on the cake and using a butter knife or palate knife, spread it evenly.
- Every ingredient in the recipe and its quantity has its own significance. Do not alter them.
- This recipe is a tried and tested recipe. Substitute the ingredient/s only at your own risk.
- You can adjust the servings of this recipe in the “Recipe Card” and all the ingredients and their measurement will automatically adjust.