Our today’s recipe is everyone’s favorite. The golden crust studded with multi-color jewel-like fruits can make anyone fall for it. This cake is quite popular in all Indian Bakeries.
Yes, I am talking about everyone’s favorite Eggless Tutti Frutti cake.
You will find many variations of this famous Indian Fruit cake on the internet and every baker has his/her recipe. I have tried many Tutti Frutti Cake recipes, but was not satisfied with the flavor and texture until I found my No-fail recipe.
This recipe is without eggs yet makes a perfect, lightest, softest, and spongiest cake.
When I look at this cake crumb, I remember my childhood days only. I have grown up eating Britannia’s Fruit cake.
I still remember its flavor and that urge to achieve that exact flavor in my cake made me experiment with this recipe. I didn’t stop until I get satisfied with the results. Now you must have understood how this cake is going to taste exactly.
Eggless Tutti Frutti Cake
Tutti Frutti, as far as I know, every kid loves them. My love for Tutti Frutti is clearly visible in the number of recipes I have done with them. For example, Tutti Frutti Bread Recipe, Semolina Cake with Tutti Frutti, and Candied Fruit Cookies. And all of these recipes are 100% Eggless.
If you too are a fan of that old-fashioned Fruit cake and want to relish your childhood memories once again, then follow the exact recipe without making any changes in the ingredients.
Without further delay, let’s get started!
MW Convection Temp
PS: Use conversion table to switch recipe between grams and cups
How to make Tutti Frutti Cake
In a mixing bowl add 150 gm condensed milk, 40 gm salted butter, and 40 ml oil. Use any flavorless oil. For this recipe, I have used sunflower oil.
Yes, this recipe needs butter as well as oil. So do not replace one with the other else the outcome will change. Now whisk everything until combines.
Using a sifter, sieve 150 gm of all-purpose flour, ½ tsp of baking powder, ½ tsp of baking soda altogether.
Do not miss this step else the cake will not be spongy. Sifting helps to aerate the flour which results in light and spongy bakes.
Now using a spatula or whisker, mix dry and wet ingredients. Start adding fresh orange juice little by little and continue to whisk. In total, I have added 120 ml of fresh orange juice. There is no need to add sugar to the juice.
Do not try this recipe with tetra pack juices else the cake will be too sweet & chewy.
To enhance the flavor of the cake add ½ tsp of Ossoro’s tutti frutti flavor and mix it into the batter. The batter should be of pouring consistency.
Add 70 gm tutti frutti to the batter and give it a stir. You can increase or decrease the amount of candid fruits as per your choice. For this recipe, I have used homemade tutti frutti.
Do not worry about the recipe. I will share it soon with all of you.
Voila! The cake batter is ready.
Pour the prepared batter into a greased loaf tin. I have used 8x3x2 inches loaf tin here. You can bake the same in an 8 inches round cake tin as well.
Now sprinkle some tutti frutti on the top to give the cake the final touch.
We will bake this cake in a preheated oven at 180 °C for 30 minutes.
After 30 minutes, take the cake out from the oven and do the toothpick test. A clean toothpick means it’s baked. If it doesn’t pass the toothpick test, bake it again for another 5-7 minutes and repeat the process to check the doneness.
Unmould the cake on a wired rack and let it rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing.
It’s super soft and spongy cake.
Now try this recipe and share your feedback. Till then happy baking!
Baking a picture perfect cake is everybody’s desire. And if you are a baking enthusiastic and trying to figure out where to start from then you must start with our 30 Days Baking Challenge Online Course.
This course does not just teach you recipes, rather it teaches you the science behind baking. This is a perfect way for a beginner to start learning and gain confidence in their baking.
You can also master the art of baking in just 30 days. Click here to know more.
Let me know your experience with the recipe in the comment box below. I will try to respond back as much as possible.
Watch the Full Video
For Recommended Tools and Ingredients visit my Amazon Shop Page.
- In a mixing bowl add 150 gm condensed milk, 40 gm salted butter and 40 ml oil. Mix everything.
- Using a sifter, sieve 150gm all-purpose flour, ½ tsp baking powder, ½ tsp baking soda directly into the bowl of wet ingredients.
- Mix dry and wet ingredients.
- Start adding fresh orange juice little by little and continue to whisk.
- Add ½ tsp of Ossoro’s tutti frutti flavour and mix it.
- The batter should be of pouring consistency.
- Add 70 gm tutti frutti to the batter and give it a stir.
- Pour the prepared batter into a greased loaf tin. Sprinkle some tutti frutti on the topas well.
- Bake this cake in a preheated oven at 180 C for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, take the cake out from the oven and do the toothpick test.
- Unmould the cake on a wired rack and let it rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Slice and serve.
- Every ingredient in the recipe and its quantity has its own significance. Do not alter them.
- This recipe is a tried and tested recipe. Substitute the ingredient/s only at your own risk.
- You can adjust the servings of this recipe in the “Recipe Card” and all the ingredients and their measurement will automatically adjust.